Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one of my error. Clear lights and window is not put in right.The light are caught between the frame and the windshield in in the air. Is a Mystery car from 2009. One on right.

What are some of your error cars??

·
Registered
326 Posts

Base is rivited overlapping the body at the right rear bumper. Bad pic I know.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
^^^ haha wow, that's quite the cool error!! I don't have any pics, but over the past couple weeks at my same Target I've found 2 separate packs where the top blue import in this pack, Graffiti Rides, has had 2 different errors.

The first time the blue import had no tampos, and the second pack had mismatched wheels. Back wheel was the right one, but the front wheel was the same as the front wheel on this Mustang that was posted above

Kinda cool, I should've bought them both. Someone was slacking on that car quite often!

·
Registered
781 Posts
It would appear that most of these are hot wheels. I see Mike threw up a JL so I will put a Shelby Collectible for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
its just that mattel produces so many cars, the law of averages dictates they should have more mistakes, apparently.
But I'm really digging that '68 GT 500. Nice Find.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
If Mattel was smarter they would start packing the Cars both way
in how they face and this will bring up the sales for the year as many
Collectors Collect Cardboard and this is a great way to offload excess
Cars for the year.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Do you guys really consider things like loose or broken windshields, misrivits etc to be errors? Not saying their not I just never considered them that, to me thats just, well, broken. The wrong wheels or tampos on a car is an error to me or a mispackaged car, mistakes but not defects. Whats y'alls take on it?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Do you guys really consider things like loose or broken windshields, misrivits etc to be errors? Not saying their not I just never considered them that, to me thats just, well, broken. The wrong wheels or tampos on a car is an error to me or a mispackaged car, mistakes but not defects. Whats y'alls take on it?
This is how I see it...

Backward Cars ( facing left ) are not Errors
Upside Down Cars in the BP's are not Errors
Mismatch Colors on the same Cars are not Errors

Missing parts on the Cars are Errors
Tampos misplaced or missing are Errors
Wrong size wheels or Wrong wheels period are Errors
Missing Chrome on wheels are Errors
Broken and I guess out of line windshields are Errors
Wrong Car for the BP is a Error for Cardboard Collectors

Any others I missed can be added to the list :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts