Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i buy some,aquire some,i'll post some!...But until then can you show me some rare stuff?H.O. track,cars,prototypes,displays,demo's and such,,,,

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased this for a couple bucks at a Department store when new. Luckily I took good care of most of my cars. I always thought there was something special about this one even before I knew it was rare.

This Galoob Miami Vice car is supposedly rare, though it doesn't seem to be that valuable.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
These are probably my two rarest cars. They are both TOMY Turbos from 1986. I bought both them new around 1986 for probably about $5 each.

As far as I know that is the only T-Bird of this model that TOMY ever made, and it is much rarer than any of those #12 T-Birds. I recently saw one of these T-Bird bodies sell on EBAY for over $80 without a chassis, and a BMW M1 like this one sold for almost $100.

I am still hoping to get a few more rare TOMYs. I want the red/white #7 Porsche 917-10 TOMY #8769, the red/white AFX Lola TOMY #8770, and the Lime Green #17 BMW 320i TOMY #8760. TOMY supposedly made a blue/red/white 240Z TOMY #8771, but I have never seen one anywhere.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Here is a link to a Facebook section devotoed to HO Slot Car Collecting: http://www.facebook.com/groups/6097893636/

I have been posting pics of rare/unusual cars and other HO items there for a few months now. I was trying to post something every day but of course life sometimes gets in the way.

Bob Weichbrodt
[email protected]
Winston-Salem, NC
Great site. Thanks for the link. That is the only pic of the Blue TOMY 240Z I have ever seen other than on the back of my 1986 set box. I think that is the Thunderloop Thriller box, but since it is in my storage shed I can't check right now.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts