Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Take a moment to give a shout out to the person or person(s) that had an influence on your 1/4 scale racing whether it be getting you into the hobby, teaching you setup, helping you get to the track and so on. It doesn't matter if there is one person or fifty. Share your appreciation for what they have done for "your" racing.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Mine

To the following racers, you've had a positive influence on my racing. Yes there are others but these stand out for me.....

Allen Johnson - AJ has really been more like a brother to me over the years. He has shown me more about 1/4 scale than I would have ever imagined.

Bob Claussen - Bob's leadership and guidance had a big influence on my years in 1/4 scale. He is one of the reasons LPR has survived over the years.

Raymond Johnson & Bubba Coker - Two fierce competitors with much wisdom about racing. They always found time during their busy race day to help me with setup or just chat about 1/4 scale racing in general.

Randy Brown - Great competitor with much knowledge and always glad to share it. Though I didn't see Randy but maybe once per season, he always took the time to explain carb tuning & engine performance.

Mike Sadler - Back in the day, I didn't know if Mike had what it took to lead QSAC but he proved he does. Mike has shown great leadership skills and good decision making over his years as co-chair. He gives good feedback to those seeking help. He has never failed to answer my questions about QSAC or 1/4 scale racing in general. Mike makes racing the NCS fun though we all know it can be a work load.

Thank you for all you've done!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Mike Sadler - Back in the day, I didn't know if Mike had what it took to lead QSAC but he proved to me he does. Mike has shown great leadership skills and good decision making over his years as co-chair. He gives good feedback to those seeking help. He has never failed to answer my questions about QSAC or 1/4 scale racing in general. Mike makes racing the NCS fun though we all know it can be a work load.

I couldn't agree more! He has genuinely worked his tail off for many many often thankless hours to help QSAC and its members! He has also been a huge mentor in my quarterscale racing and has been a great friend through the years!

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Jerry Evans -- It is all your fault!!! Thanks for everything, you have taken the time to show me and putting up with my stubbornness.

Tim Smith -- My racing partner.

Allen, Marlin, Bob and the rest of the crew at LPR. You guys are the STANDARD and it is an honor to race with you guys.

Raymond and Bubba, I have raced with you guys for 20 years or more and you are always a pleasure to run against.

Johnny Bright and Steve Bess, keep up the good work at our sister track up in South Carolina. with the two of our tracks working together the rest of the country better watch out!

JR Hartley of Twelve Designs. If it was not for you I would still be racing ugly bodies!!

There are many, many more that make my race days worth every second.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Shout out to: Hank Tetuan, Jim Patton, Dave Carpenter, and Kenny Tillman. Oh and Steve from Predatorsprintcars.com and David from HRE. Thanks for everything!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Back in 08 one of the Crown boys told me to " come check th is chit out "..so I did and I was hooked..bought a car outta Arizona and over the winter bought 3 more. Ran Sportsman. Trucks and Sprints my 2nd year to quickn the learning curve.Could not have done it or be able to continue to race without 1 man. Shout out to Jerry ( Pappy ) Brawner. Jerry continues to teach me soooo much on and off the track with these race cars. All my Crown teamates Dave Brawner. Jeremy Brawner. Dustin Hineman. Jon Mason. Ron Strubbe. Chris Brawner and Shorty.. anyone of these guys step up and help me with anything I need. If something happens they come runnin wrenchs in hand. Great bunch of guys and I'm pround to be a Crown Racing member...Last the entire IQSR family...everyone of them steps up and helps me week in and week out....We have the best club in the country....hands down.....thks to all.......6.....1702

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bob Clausen for providing an affordable used WCM so I could get started.
Jeff Cleveland for hooking me up with good radio.
Allen Johnson for teaching me just about everything I can't remember about setup, motors, racing, ect...
Tim McCown & Tyler, Robert Green for teaching me that racing these thing are FUN:dude:
All the rest of the current and past members of CCRC for all they do to keep LPR the best place in the world to race quarterscale:thumbsup:

David Popham

·
Registered
13 Posts
I blame Jerry Evans for getting me back in the hobby i didnt realize how much i missed racing quarter scale cars and all the guys at lagoon park raceway. they are a great group .

·
Registered
487 Posts
Scott Harper and Jerry Evans. Seems like Jerry gets blamed for lots of things. I would not be having as much fun if it were not for Jerry. Traveling and racing with Scott is a true blast. This is what makes this sport so much fun. My club members at LPR also contribute and are great in helping me get started. Scott Harper paid me back for me getting him back into 1/10 Nitro. Payback is rough, but we are having a blast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts