Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If yes- reason,if no- reason. I say no and the reason is if its not available to everyone and has not been submitted for approval it should not be allowed

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
So what your saying is if you had a car and that manufacture went out of businesses then your car is now not legal. Doesn’t make any sense? There is only one car that really that applies to. And I will be making those along with all the parts for them in 2010. I wouldn’t worry about the other guys car if it was once legal then its legal. If he is beating you, work on your set up instead of banning the chassis. This is a really bad thread Wil

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you say no, then you just lost 1/2 of the cars where we race. As long as the cars meet QSAC rules, I say yes. I'm not trying to promote big budgets to be competitive, but you have to provide the flexibility to allow some engineering creativity. You never know, it may lead to the birth of a new manufacturer. Plus, if I had to buy from an existing manufacturer, my racing costs will increase significantly.

Will, I do agree with you that by falling into the trap of allowing money to buy speed will hurt 1/4 scale racing. We have a good rule book. Let's stick to it. Just out of curiosity.....Do you have a specific concern?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Do you mean that a manufacture that has 200 or more cars in the hands of racers and for whatever reason that manufacture no longer exists...none of those cars can be raced/or are legal? NO that doesn't make sense. Look at Bob Elliott, he builds his own sprint car from the ground up....it's one of a kind and built to QSAC specs. ...that's all that matters. Guys like Bob bring inovation to the hobby...it's what we need. Even my Bullseye sprinter is unlike any other Bullseye sprint car because of a whole front end that is not stock...everybody is free to copy it....but it is, in essence, a "one off."

Larry

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points guys and no real concerns its just there has been lots of comparisons with other scales and this would be a hot topic with other sanctioning bodys its not a bad thread but opinion only I due however feel like when someone produces a car it should be approved buy qsac before it hits the track and from the manufactures stand point no offense freddie to you I know what you are doing and wish you well

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another point larry if a manufacture goes under were are you gona get the parts from if someone else makes them all that needs to be done is resubmit the car for approval it sucks to buy something you can't get parts for so there is nosense in runing a out dated or non produced unit

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good points guys and no real concerns its just there has been lots of comparisons with other scales and this would be a hot topic with other sanctioning bodys its not a bad thread but opinion only I due however feel like when someone produces a car it should be approved buy qsac before it hits the track and from the manufactures stand point no offense freddie to you I know what you are doing and wish you well
Will i think i would have to disagree.With you.Just say anyone comes up with a idea.That could help the hobby grow.
If left up to the manufactures.For approval.If they don't the want or. Don't like the idea or a change .They keep it out. I have seen that play out already.How does that help.As long as it meets QSAC rules it should be ok.
Will many many manufactures make thier products???? So your point about having to be resubmited. Does not work.

ED :wave::cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm going to throw my two cents in here, when I built my first sprint car chassis I kept in mind that parts may change or go away. They are one off cars only I drive, would that make my cars illegal?

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ed I said QSAC approval not manufacture I mean if I wanted to get involved and was new to the hobby and I got something that wasn't produced anymore or got something that was produced for a short term wear would that leave me busted on something I can't use there is already 1 manufacture that got band from HT for a bull sh?t car lord help anyone else that bites the bullet

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
The one unique factor with QSAC racing is it allows for an individual to build ,construct or modify his own car or a manufactured car. I have modified many a chassis and repaired many. Will your chassis is one of them. It may not have been much of a change but it was a change. As long as we have a set of rules for a design to meet then we are in good shape as far as it being fair for everyone. What if a manufacture makes a change to a chassis design? Should the old chassis be deemed obsolete and non qualified to race? I think not. The ability to improve on a product or design helps everyone. If this were not the case we would never grow. One point is that the older sprint cars were very fragile and would not take the abuse we can put them thru today. The class was dead but it now thrives because we updated, redesigned and improved the product.
Another point is that even though some of the older cars are no longer produced they are still a good place for a new racer to get started. It was pointed out on another thread that our cars are still basically the same as they were 10 years ago. Not totally the same but basically.:wave:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Good golly wolly.And it ain't winter yet.
This thread needs closed as it is out in left field. Willy Willy u need ta git back 2 work.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ed I said QSAC approval not manufacture I mean if I wanted to get involved and was new to the hobby and I got something that wasn't produced anymore or got something that was produced for a short term wear would that leave me busted on something I can't use there is already 1 manufacture that got band from HT for a bull sh?t car lord help anyone else that bites the bullet
My bad Will i went and read it again.You did say QSAC first.

ED:cool:

·
Registered
689 Posts
ok i have a wcm sprinter thats 23 years old im planning on raceing next year granted im probably going to buy another new wcm eventually but right now finances keep me from doing that and 1/4 scale has just started back up in my area if im reading this right you make this change and my car is illegal becase the frame is one inch narrower than the new cars and many new other changes that will not let my car run one of which is the belt drive system on it which some of the guys are wanting to try to change too which is in the middle of the car with a jack shaft to keep dirt from getting on the belt as bad and ruining it so if they modify there cars are you saying there new cars will be illegal also if so im thinking this is a very dumb rule

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey guys, don't get excited...it is just a "what if" question that Will posed. I would not lose any sleep thinking QSAC is going to outlaw a previously legal car. We gotta remember that all cars started as "one offs."

Larry

·
Registered
144 Posts
OKracer one of the problems with the old configuration was that the Clutch was not on
the motor but on the jack shaft, therefor it does not see all of the rpm and we had to
use, lightened clutches. Depending on the class that is not permited nowadays. You
should ck into it before you spank those guys and then get DQed. We used pipes back
then and we heavy modified the clutch and spring.

Tom
T&S Quarter Scale Racing

·
Registered
163 Posts
Every current manufacturer out there started off testing and tuning the first car right?

If a "one off" car wasnt allowed, how would one become a manufacturer in the first place?

Thats what the rules are for.....guidlines for anyone to build a legal car and participate.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.