Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help out a returning old timer. What are these new "shorty" cells? are they the same performance? Are they legal with the major sanctioning groups?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Q-ball said:
Please help out a returning old timer. What are these new "shorty" cells? are they the same performance? Are they legal with the major sanctioning groups?
Are you talking about the shorty cell that came out last year or the new cell that came out last month?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Last year GP switched their cell "long cell" to the "short button". The long cells carried a bit higher voltage than the "short button" cells. But the short cells even though they had less voltage on the labels they ran as good if not better on the track.

The new cell which I have heard called the "voltage enhanced cell or V2" that came out last month or so, well the jury is still out. On one hand I am hearing its the next best thing since sliced bread, slightly less runtime but super voltage..... but on the other hand I am hearing most matchers saying they are getting about 10-15 sec less runtime on average and slightly less Voltage as well.

We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
as long as it is a GP3300 (the best ever ) they are legal...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Q-ball,contact Mark Lowrie @ Lightspeed products in Arlington Tx 817-483-5776,he has been in the business many years,carries quality products,can answer your ?'s about these cells,and is fairly close to you. Tell him Danny King sent you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts