Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a Short Track Falcon you haven't seen.

These will be race prizes from Robin's for the Modeling List Speed Week

This started life as a huge diecast somewhere between 1/55 and 1/40th scale. It was a Falcon Futura Sprint with a hood scoop. I shrank it down to SWB TJET size but was a tad too narrow for an NOS TJET so I decided to make a short track version for my daughter Robin's business. I removed the hood scoop, enlarged the wheel wells and added the rear spoiler. I ground down the head and tail lights then made a mold. I als took a shattered RRR Fairground falcon hood and removed the breather drilled a hole and added it. The car I am moddeling had a more rounded top on the breather so I added a drop of resin to get the look I wanted. It is shown with RRR wheels and his white letterd tires. I am having some decals made for this car that Robin will have at her sight. I should have them in a week or so.

Next up is a TFX Chevy Stocker

Roger Corrie

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Nice lines and proportion on this one Roger. The original falcon had a wider stubby look that until now hasnt been correctly reproduced. An excellent example of how a Falcon should look.

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Nice looking Falcon Roger, But I have been wondering of late if you'll ever finish some of the cars shown last year? I already sent in my end of the deal and have been feeling slighted with the new cars coming out. I am sure it is just a oversight on your end. but this Falcon is still a nice looking piece of work...

David

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
This is a nice car and job all around--I like it!

It's a 65, no?

I have never seen a slot in that year body-style Falcon before.
It looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am still amazed at how you can shrink these larger scale cars-
I did some research on the process and even saved your post on it from long ago. You've done this for some time now, and have really mastered the technique.

I applaud your skills once more, sir :eek:. Ahhh-ummm...

Cheers..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts