Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What short course truck do you currently own, and what are you planning on getting next?
I own a Slash and like it a lot. I like the looks of the LOSI truck, but cant get by that ugly body. The Jamin one looks promising. 4x4 electric. Nice. I think it will be available before Christmas. Thats my leading contender for now.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I own a Slash. Our track has a spec class for them and an SC class for running any ROAR legal chassis, make, tire, etc. So I can run in either or both classes.

The Losi looks awsome but is not legal. It seems ROAR asked all the maufacturers for specs but Losi's Rand D blew them off.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didnt know that. Interesting. Of all the SC trucks out there, the LOSI looks to be the closest thing to the Slash to me? Wonder why all the problems?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The Losi doesn't meet the ROAR size requirements. I own a slash with a thundertech Chassis and don't plan on getting a new one until I can't win with this one.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
What short course truck do you currently own, and what are you planning on getting next?
I own a Slash and like it a lot. I like the looks of the LOSI truck, but cant get by that ugly body.
My LOSI Strike actually looks much better in person that the LOSI pictures had me thinking it would... Out of the box, it ran decent, now with brushless and some chassis tuning, it is able to compete with Slash's and SC10's in Expert/Mod Short Course at the local indoor offroad track...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Jerzferno,

I am thinking Slash Chassis with Novak Motor and Jconcept Goosbump wheels, JR 9001T steering servo, spektrum radio, with aluminum shocks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am thinking perhaps a Blitz or Ultima SC. I need to pick up a new B/L combo for the pan car I bought, so what's another motor(and chassis, and servo)?:rolleyes: I don't plan on giving up stock Slash, but I'm on the fence about running E-8 next season for practical reasons(and the fact that I suck in that class:p) and I want to have three classes, at least one of them an open/mod spec class. Already got the 1/10th 4wd buggy, so a truck seems like the logical choice. If somebody else comes out with a 4wd 1/10 SC truck to give the Ofna some competition, that would be cool, but I think we'll be looking at 2wd only for next season.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Losi Strike? looking into getting one, but the only one I've seen run had a 17.5 and a lipo in it, and it twisted both dogbones. Just looking for some opinions... Kevin

·
Registered
105 Posts
Two weeks ago 3 losi strikes showed up to race at the track i was running at and all three drivers said its the best sc truck,well from what i seen none of the three strikes where any faster or handled better then my slash as far as that goes in a drag race down the front strech my slash out ran the losi strike btw i am talking box stock. i am not saying the losi is worse then the slash i am saying it just has to be proved to me its a better truck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The problem with losi being legal is the wheel base is too long. Local races may not have issue with it, but big time races will. And now Traxxas threw a wrench in the works introducing the 4x4 version of the Slash due to hit the streets in early December, one MORE class.....

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've seen the Traxxas Slash 4x4 on their website and I'm definatley getting one. I own two slashes now. also looking at the HPI Blitz. :thumbsup:
I've got my website redone for 2010 season. I'm hoping for a better turnout before I go overseas. www.nhrccarracing.com

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sc Trucks

Well I Started Out With A Slash ,went To A Sc10 Was Not Impressed ,went Back To A Slash ,now Have 4 Of Them We Run A Mod Class At Classic ,and Arcs Hobbys In Bula ,i Like The Slash Much Better It Has A Box Stock Truck And I Was Keeping Up And Beating Sc10's With 17.5 Brushless Set Ups So Im Staying With Traxxas Looking Forward To 4x4 I Will Be Getting One ,also The Losi Strike My Brother Owns One Was Having Transmission Issues After All The Jumping With It

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Havent been on this thread in a few weeks. Yea slash 4x4 is my next one. Looks sweet. Who's going to be the next mfg of a 4x4?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts