Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went to my local KMart and they had a bunch of cars on short cards...these same cars I have on regular cards. I was wondering whats the difference? Is it just a space saving idea? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think you need to spritz water on it twice daily for 7-10 days for it to germinate... no no i mean grow .. no , i ment , awwww you know what i mean:hat:

Did i really say " Spritz " ??????:freak:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The short cards are supposedly called international cards and are used on cars sold overseas. I have seen a few over here, but I don't know if they're a chase thing or not. I have a Tesla on this card somewhere as well as a bunch of 99-01 THs that I bought when I was living in the UK.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok Thank you. This Kmart had a ton of them on teh shelf. I have from the years in the past just didnt know if there wasnything special about them. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
CraigO is correct, they are for International release.
A few years ago Target and Wal-Mart sold them at the registers as an impulse item. K-Mart jumped on awhile back.
K-Mart is the only big box store now,and some grocery stores carry them.
They aren't a chase series, but over the years a few good variations could be found on them which made it a pain to look for when they were up at the registers and people are in line cashing out and this guy comes along to see what on the shelf.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Short Cards are becoming a regular aside to the Long Cards in Canadian Wal Marts. It's just a matter of time until they take over, less shelf space for same income = no-brainer.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Short Cards are becoming a regular aside to the Long Cards in Canadian Wal Marts. It's just a matter of time until they take over, less shelf space for same income = no-brainer.
Yea can look at it two ways...same peg space can fit more stock OR the same amount of cars as before but use the leftover space for something more profitable.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I personally do not see the short cards taking the place of the long cards. That is something I don't see Mattel doing.
Wal-mart doesn't do them any more as I said, they replaced them with the 3 packs which i don't think are going over very well.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
The Walmarts by me have stopped selling the short cards for some reason,don't know why. As for hanging them I just hang them in their own row except for the TH ones which I just hang it on the tack of the long card TH to save room on the walls in my diecast room.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The Walmarts by me have stopped selling the short cards for some reason,don't know why.
The Walmarts around here also stopped stocking short cards - they replaced them with those overpriced 3-packs. They still have a few pegwarmers hidden among the rest of the cars in the toy section, though.

Fred Meyer still carries short cards in the checkout stands (of course, a few find their way to the toy section) and TRU still carries them as well.

I've found three THs (all regulars) in short cards: a '71 Mustang Funny Car and two '63 T-Birds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts