Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one more you guys might like. This resin body rides on a slotcar chassis. I used a fuel injection set up from the HW's Passing Gasser. Some careful grinding and she dropped right in between the frame rails.

Added the chrome Moon tank up front, also from the 37 Gasser, along with a fabbed hood...

Morris power tour...RM

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Looks fantastic, love your layout as well. Would like to see more of that. Are you making your own trees?

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob... No, didn't make those trees. I did take off the ugly base, added a straight pin to the inside of the trunk. The infield is foam coverd with the green, therefore you can stick the trees anywhere ya want, move em a round... I'll post a link to my track if ya want to take a look. There's a bunch of cool tracks and lots of landscaping on this thread...
My track pics are on Page 16 #229. Thanks for looking...RM

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=261791&page=16

·
Registered
438 Posts
First off, another masterful job on diecast-to-resin conversion. AutoWorld really needs to hire you!

Not meaning to steer this thread off-topic, but your track looks absolutely terrific -- first time I've seen overall photos. I've wanted to route an HO track, but have always been initmidated by routing and installing the rails. My Sintra tracks have rails with lock wires; may I ask what you used for your MDF track?

Thanks!
Rick V.

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Truckin'

Thanks guys...

Decided on a truck build, so we cut the rear section off a donor body...

We added some fill in plastic, then cut out the rear glass area, done some contouring, and some final sanding. Added a toneau cover made from a textured CD case...

Added a hood ornament and custom grill for super street version...RM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts