Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Walmart today to take my mother who wanted some Garden Deco stuff so while I was inside Walmart I made my way to the toy section to see if this store actually had a reset... My surprise they actually did a reset and had some newer stock so I started looking around.

While I was in the toy section I missed a employee pegging up a new case of HWs. I asked the employee if he had anymore cases that he can peg up as the 2 guys before me wiped out all the newer Cars from the cases ( 50-60 cars, which made room for another case ) so he said give me a min and I will get you a fresh case. Once he returned he had another employee with him that turned out to be this new lady who runs the toy dept ( toy manager ). She said she is not putting out a new HW case in front of me because I am a collector. She said we do not put out cases in front of collectors because they take all the good stuff and that I should know the drill while shopping at her store. Huh ??? :freak: I should know the drill while shopping at her store ??? What is that suppose to mean ??? :rolleyes: ... I laughed at her and said I guess jobs are plentiful today as I can report you for refusing to sell merchandise to a paying customer and I have 3 witnesses standing here hearing what you just said to me. She turned and walked away.

Well, I am still thinking about reporting her to Walmart HQ to teach her a good lesson in life whether she gets written up or not or gets fired, I at least can make a small difference in that store for the collectors. She needs to learn what PR is about while working at her fabulous top paying job. :D I have to say some people really take their jobs serious at a low paying position :rolleyes:....

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
She probably thinks she protects the world from scalpers. Haha. Just another reason why I don't want to collect mainlines any more.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
We have Hector, the toy guy, who told me to my face i was taking cars out of little children's hands while digging thru a bin one day, and when i said excuse me, he looked at me and said because of my smart mouth i'd never see anything good while he worked there, at this point i told him to F off, and left, Hector was fired 3 days later for going thru a purse at an unattended cart, in oher words, screw these people!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya... These are toy Cars right ??? It's not like I was going to retire off of that new case they had.... LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I hit a P case dump bin and got the following :

2- Scooby Doo Mystery Machines
2- Angry Birds RED BIRD
1- chevy silverado
1- new body style 2012 beetle
1- monster dairy delivery

But back to this topic .. i think that the employees at my local store are taking the hunts .. becuase i had just seen the bin put out and i went through and through and not ONE hunt of any kind ... plus the cases looked to have already been opened too .. so !

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Yep Yep Yep, I have been told the exact same thing Bro! Not in front of a collector! Whatever I gave up on mainlines a long time ago. Heck I shook mainlineitus a few years ago.
I say report the windbag! I did!

·
Registered
493 Posts
i would of talked with the manager as well as let them know that an official write uo would be going to wlamart HQ. I did this once before when we stood inline for over 1.5 hours to check out and had someone call me from the store within 3 days to talk about what happened. Some will say Walmart doesnt care about their customers, but on this one time i can say they did. If the case was already on the floor it is supposed to be "fair game" and to be sold

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I wish I could say I was surprised. I know there are good people working at Wal-marts but some just make you want to shake your head and wonder.....

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I went to Walmart today to take my mother who wanted some Garden Deco stuff so while I was inside Walmart I made my way to the toy section to see if this store actually had a reset... My surprise they actually did a reset and had some newer stock so I started looking around.

While I was in the toy section I missed a employee pegging up a new case of HWs. I asked the employee if he had anymore cases that he can peg up as the 2 guys before me wiped out all the newer Cars from the cases ( 50-60 cars, which made room for another case ) so he said give me a min and I will get you a fresh case. Once he returned he had another employee with him that turned out to be this new lady who runs the toy dept ( toy manager ). She said she is not putting out a new HW case in front of me because I am a collector. She said we do not put out cases in front of collectors because they take all the good stuff and that I should know the drill while shopping at her store. Huh ??? :freak: I should know the drill while shopping at her store ??? What is that suppose to mean ??? :rolleyes: ... I laughed at her and said I guess jobs are plentiful today as I can report you for refusing to sell merchandise to a paying customer and I have 3 witnesses standing here hearing what you just said to me. She turned and walked away.

Well, I am still thinking about reporting her to Walmart HQ to teach her a good lesson in life whether she gets written up or not or gets fired, I at least can make a small difference in that store for the collectors. She needs to learn what PR is about while working at her fabulous top paying job. :D I have to say some people really take their jobs serious at a low paying position :rolleyes:....
dude that sucks but happens all the time.i thought you were only collecting M2 now and quit mailine stuff altogether:confused:

·
Registered
228 Posts
report her to corporate, then the store manager has to answer to them as to what happened, I know of more than one person locally who has been fired from the process

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Bury her.She doesn't own the store or company.

If she felt that way about things she could have just said we don't have any more to put out.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
This attitude comes from people who have NO authority in real life, and think because they run a toy section, they are something special, i have had a manager tell me i could open the cases for a bin, but i had to leave the good cars for other people, i told him i would buy what i wanted, i had money, he went and got a dolly and put the bin in the back, when i complained to the head store manager, the bin was brought back out, and i bought what i wanted, two supers, left 2 behind, and as i was walking out, the toy manager told me i wasn't welcome in his store anymore, i went home, got my month worth of diecast and food reciepts(i keep such things) and went back, showed the manager what i spend in the store, and told him start to finish what happened, he works in the garden center now.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dude that sucks but happens all the time.i thought you were only collecting M2 now and quit mailine stuff altogether:confused:
Yes you are right as I buy very little HW Mainlines these days, but I saw what the other 2 guys had in their hands which were the Angry Birds and the Mystery Machines....
The 2 guys walked away with 50-60 Cars close to a case, so I figured I would ask if they had another case which they did, but refused to put it out in front of me.

I wanted to get them to help out others here on Hobbytalk who would want them in their collection. I guess the hunt continues for the Mystery Machines.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts