Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I just have to shake my head when I receive a package from someone I just bought a toy from.

Yesterday, I received a toy in the mail that came in a taped-up pink shoebox. And today, I received a package in the mail. My toy was in an old, weak, popcycle box!

You know, I pay a good price for these toys, not to mention shipping, the least people could do is send them in a nice box, that's well protected.

If you go to www.usps.com, you can get FREE Priority shipping boxes! Yes, FREE. All you have to do is place an order, and the post office bring them to your home.

Has anyone else had similar experiences??

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
DakotaKid03 said:
Sometimes I just have to shake my head when I receive a package from someone I just bought a toy from.

Yesterday, I received a toy in the mail that came in a taped-up pink shoebox. And today, I received a package in the mail. My toy was in an old, weak, popcycle box!

You know, I pay a good price for these toys, not to mention shipping, the least people could do is send them in a nice box, that's well protected.

If you go to www.usps.com, you can get FREE Priority shipping boxes! Yes, FREE. All you have to do is place an order, and the post office bring them to your home.

Has anyone else had similar experiences??
Yeah, The USPS will even give you free Priority tape too.(have to ship Prority to use it though.)
Oh, yeah I have had an experience such as that. I orderd the Beach Bomb PU from HWC. It showed up two weeks late (the tracker said it had been delivered for two weeks befor it actually arrived) It also was in a box that was not sealed. just kinda folded together. :mad:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even if you don't want to ship Priority, the boxes come flat and you can fold them inside out (on some), and use them as a regular box. I know the smaller ones do have Priority Mail printed on the inside too.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
DakotaKid03 said:
Even if you don't want to ship Priority, the boxes come flat and you can fold them inside out (on some), and use them as a regular box. I know the smaller ones do have Priority Mail printed on the inside too.
and this is why they printed priority mail inside the box. If you are going to get FREE Priority boxes, they want you to use the Priority Mail (which i've noticed is usually only like $0.50 more than first class on most things). One of the reason's the price went up, people doing just that with flipping the box inside out and not getting the $$ for it.

But the downside to the Priority mail boxes are the size, they aren't that great for sending alot of stuff.

I for one, don't stock alot of empty boxes, I take them as i need them from other stuff at my work, if theres anything I can empty out onto the shelf. So its usually slim pickings for me when i need to ship more than 2 cars. So i just use whatever I can get my hands on... and if all i had was a shoe box, i garentee you i would use a shoe box.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sometimes you just kind-of hold your breath when you open a box. Especially when you see what kind of condition it's in! I admit that I DO read the newspapers that are crumpled up as padding! It is interesting to see whats going on in the other parts of the country. Local flavor I believe its called. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i've gotten carded cars in plain bubble wrap or padded envelopes on more than one occasion.no box or any means of making an effort to protect them. i usually don't mind as i open most of my stuff but what really gets under my skin is when they list the cars as MOMC then send it in an envelope. then they act like it is your fault for not requesting insurance if the item arrives damaged. well, duh, you sent it in a paper envelope. almost anyone with a brain will know that it will get thrown around in bins, get other stuff thrown on top of it, thrown in a bag and get tossed around some more. how did you expect it to arrive at my door MOMC as you listed it with your packing method? :freak:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I've had that happen too. Then the mail lady crams it into the mailbox with other junk.

I guess a good rule of thumb is to package something as if you were sending it to yourself. That's what I try to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts