Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, :wave: Im new to HobbyTalk & wondered if anyone knew anything about this car? Its a DeTomaso Pantera by Shinsei. I'm used to seeing model cars with opening doors, interior etc however this had electronics & appears to be a battery car or radio operated car. I found it at a rummage sale, no controller (if its supposed to have one). I couldn't not buy it as it seemed interesting & different. I can't find anything on this on google. Its about 8 inches long. Does anyone know exactly what this is or what its worth? I'm thinking of selling it if its worth something to save up for work on my actual car (also yellow! lol). If its not worth very much then ill just keep it as its simply cool! :cool:

I have no clue how to add a photo to my post so I uploaded to "My Photos". Feel free to check them out if theres a link or something for you to view my photos. :) There are so many different models of this car on ebay and google but nothing close to a battery car or even its look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i tried that thinking the same thing but it doesn't click, just free rolls. The compartment underneath takes 2 AA batteries and 1 9V battery. Its stamped Shinsei, Made in japan and has a sticker on it that says "Be sure to take batteries out when your play is over". That almost sonds like it just does its own thing, without a control. I think im going to search my house for a 9v battery and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I uploaded pictures of it to my photos. If you click there and its not private by default it should let anyone see them. I tried batteries in there and I think perhaps some of the wires (at least 1 broken) are out and the wheels aren't turning. They want to and the circuit board area clicks like its doing something but nothing happens. I undid the screws to look inside and it has a broken wire, wheel gears not working but stuff in it does move with the batteries in. Id say it definitely needs work from someone who knows what it is and how to fix it. Strange that there is no "frequency" or whatever on there. Usually you would see one if indeed it is supposed to have a remote control to steer it. Otherwise my guess would be that it drives around freely like a zhu zhu hamster. That would explain the paint chipping on the front and back edges too, almost like it was just driving in to walls.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Can you take pictures of the underside? Is there an on/off switch?

I have a VW Beetle... I think it's from Bandai, from the late 60's or early 70's. It has a disc on the underside with two small wheels. When turned-on, the car moves forward and when it bumps into something, it backs up, turns a little and heads off in another direction. Maybe your car does something similar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All done! ;) i added some this morning for you all. Yes it has an on/off switch. it also has some side to side switch. Some sort of tracking maybe? Maybe how far to turn the wheel or direction or something else entirely. I wish it worked, It looks like such as nice car too.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I've seen switches like that on some of the small ready-to-go RC cars. Usually it's for adjusting the front wheels so you can 'center' them so the car drives straight. I'm not sure about that other red switch at the very front though.... interesting little car for certain!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the little red switch in the very front is a manual lever to pop up the headlights. Its not working properly either but i reckon thats just old springs or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts