Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not every day that you can say you added 31 whites to your collection in one day. Wednesday was one of those days.

It started when I stopped off after work at a local hobby joint and found this hanging on a peg.

When I got home I found 2 boxes left by the mailman. The first one contained this:

I only need the Chevelle now for the box set, help if you can please!

The second box was a purchase I made from Mike, aka Camtoys. It was 27 loose whites, all mopars, and he threw in 2 carded ones as well.

Got these for a nice price and could not resist.

More to come,

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This case has been full for a long time, all loose Wls, couple of prepros and a test shot.

Now I am working on filling this one,
With the exception of 2 cars, everything to the left of and down from the BF Goodrich panel(far right, 5th row down from the top) is a WL. One day I will get it full. There are some prepro/proto Wls in this case as well.

Monster day, all in all!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
All I can say is WOOZER!!! Seems that you are missing some important one though...I see no AMCs lol

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
A. That Honda trailer with bike is not a JL
B. Lack of Jeeps in all 3 cases.
C. Send me that lightning rod super bee
D. I have a few to replace the regulars. I'll send you some pics

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the exception of 2 cars, everything to the left of and down from the BF Goodrich panel(far right, 5th row down from the top) is a WL. One day I will get it full. There are some prepro/proto Wls in this case as well.

I DID say "with the exception of 2 cars" the bike trailer is one and the production Dick Harrel Camaro is the other. As for the lightning rod Bee? Ummmmmmmmm.............NO!:tongue:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Awesome collection and nice display cases too, I always wondered if those slanted display cases were any good and your pics have shown me they are a pretty cool alternative to the normal cases. :thumbsup:

Mike

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome collection and nice display cases too, I always wondered if those slanted display cases were any good and your pics have shown me they are a pretty cool alternative to the normal cases. :thumbsup:

Mike
I prefer the angled cases. First of all you get a full front and side view of every vehicle. With a mirrored back you can get a decent view of the back of the car too. With the flat cases you only get a side view once they are full. These 144ct. angled cases basicly have the same footprint as a straight 108 ct. but they are deeper and hold more cars.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice WHITE additions Mark! :thumbsup:

Last October I had a similar WHITE addition day (over 100 WLs). It was expensive!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
A local collector wants to sell his WL collection (700-800 WLs)......as a lot. The price isn't bad, but he won't make a list of even 100 GOOD WLs. I would consider buying it and keeping some WHITES for my self and selling what I don't want.

If the 2012 CARnival was only a month or two away, I might have to give it some serious thought. Another HT member is thinking about buying it. I hope I get a shot at buying some WHITES if he buys the lot.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a local guy who says he wants to sell me his collection as a lot. I should be looking at it soon, we'll see. Good luck with yours Ray.

·
Registered
611 Posts
awesome group of mopar whites, and nice collection.

which manufacturer is the slanted case from? i have long thought of selling off my oak wall cases, and switching to that style.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
There is a local guy who says he wants to sell me his collection as a lot. I should be looking at it soon, we'll see. Good luck with yours Ray.

My wife told me she would leave if I bought it Mark......maybe I should buy it. :lol:

I told the guy he should piece it out because he would get more money that way. He wants to sell all or none. He told me has 30 or so 1:24 scale WLs, WL box sets, and the rest are carded 1:64 scale WLs.

I've known about the WL collection for at least 2 years. The price is now lower now. He started counted WLs a couple months ago. He counted 734 so far (possibly 800), and he's still finding them (you and I know how that goes :rolleyes:).

I'm sure I could find 40-50 WLs from over 700 WLs, but I don't want the hassle of selling the remainder.

I'm having my FIRST diecast get-together this weekend in the South Hills of the Pittsburgh area (buy, sell, trade). Mopar Mike said he will go (maybe I'll get some WL Mopars for the 2013 CARnival.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts