Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the part of my collection of JL that I am currently working on. I love the Shelbys, but can someone tell me if there are other colors available?

If someone wants to help me complete the what I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Are you not collecting rubber tire versions of these?
I know for sure there's a rw version of the blue rag top on the right.
And color variations of casting # 842A (Coupe) and 842B (Cnvt.) are listed here at jlcollector.
http://www.jlcollector.com/842.html
Looks like there are 12 color variations not including Zingers and you have 10 there.
So at least 2 more you get to hunt for!
Happy hunting!!! - LMX :wave:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lummox. I didn't know there were rubber tire versions. I am new to the JL line and am really just starting to get them. Looks like I will have some work to do.

I was thinking there should be a match for each one that I have. They make a nice set.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yer veddy velcome!
I'd say a great many JLs up till the current 40th and Forever 64 lines had 2 wheel variations. Maybe 70-90% of the releases had 2 different wheels??? I could be off a little on that though.
Anyway, I think you'll find rubber tire versions of most if not all of those.
That IS a nice casting, I like the coupe!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will I be able to tell the difference when looking in the package? The coupe is awesome for sure. I actually got to sit in a real on of these a few years ago that only had 12000 actual miles. My brother bought his shelby from the guy that owned it. Here it is. I loved this car. I am sure you could tell by my smile. This guy had 6 shelbys in his garage of which 4 were perfect. 2 gt500's only needed paint. What a great day.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Go to http://www.jlcollector.com/ , Wyatt's site. Scroll down to the "Index by name" section, type in Ford Mustang Shelby (I think), and you should be brought to the list of what's available. I counted 71 Shelbys, not including the White Lighnings.

Thank you Wyatt for the use of your site.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You just have to love the '70's paint job on a Shelby. FAR OUT :thumbsup: I still kick myself for passing up a very respectable '69 Shelby GT350 fastback back in the early '90's. It had 70,000 miles on it. I could have bought it for $16,500. Too bad I had just built my house and couldn't afford much of anything, much less a Shelby. Oh well .... such is life.

Scott

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow, that's quite a car!
Once you familiarize yourself with how the different wheels look, you can teel by looking through the package. If you have an ebay item you're looking to buy and you still can't tell what the wheels are, feel free to post a pic here and one of us will tell you.
Meanwhile you can study this chart.
http://www.jlcollector.com/wheels.html
It's not complete, but has the basics. Most of the ones you will be looking for will have white lettering. Mostly "BF Goodrich Radial TA", which is in the chart.
Feel free to keep the questions comming!
:wave: LMX

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You just have to love the '70's paint job on a Shelby. FAR OUT :thumbsup: I still kick myself for passing up a very respectable '69 Shelby GT350 fastback back in the early '90's. It had 70,000 miles on it. I could have bought it for $16,500. Too bad I had just built my house and couldn't afford much of anything, much less a Shelby. Oh well .... such is life.

Scott
Hi Scott,

The guy turned down $125,000 for this car. It was a trailer queen for shows and even then, they just rolled it off the trailer. My brother paid $10,000 for his. The GT500's he had in the garage were priced between $50,000 and $100,000. He was taking them all to an auction. He was super nice to deal with. We drove almost 4 hours one way just buy the car. When we got there, we saw why his was only $10k. My brother did a lot of work and took it to the next show. This guy (that owned the vert) offered him $35,000 to buy it back. My brother said no. Of course a couple of years later, he sold it for $22,000 when times got tough for him. Here is his Shelby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts