Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first laid my eyes on this GT-40s it was on cable, a docamentary on Carroll Shelby, In 1965 MK-I was the first to race in 64 at Nurburgring the Lemans but due to mechanical issues it was retired from the program. FORD then brought in Carroll Shelby, which he knew how to get results. In 1965 Daytona 2000, but also had a series of set backs in that same year, but In 1966 with all the bad luck that FORD/Shelby Exprienced in those years enabled to bring in the winnings and affords at Riverside ,Daytona and Sebring in a Grueling Lemans 24 hrs race in 1966 where the GT-40 swept the podium with a 1-2-3 place finish....and now I owe both the racing version and the street version. Impressive, great stance and awesome detail indeed forks......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I almost picked one up at toys r us over the weekend, but couldn't talk myself into paying the price. They are very good looking though.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well?

I almost picked one up at toys r us over the weekend, but couldn't talk myself into paying the price. They are very good looking though.
Well I felt the same but the TRU near me owes me a store credit and I had a 10% off coupon for my troubles that happen to me in March of this year...long story short I got both with Tax for $63.45.....but truly I would of spend the money anyway just look at this detail......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
..Really awesome pics of a great car...lots of detail camaro75...thanks for sharing........had no idea this one was out....really like it....!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoorah!

These are out now!? A new release? Sounds like my decision to make the trek to TRU this payday is made... lol
My friend, you won't go wrong on this, because the proof is here for you any anybody to see....I did!...and I still have them out of the box for me to feel them, look at them and show it off at the office where there is some that look at these cars as toys, Yeah!...until they see it like they did with my 1967 Chevy Impala SS427....My friend they all drop dead after seeing the details that was pull into this 1/18 and when they see this GT especially my boss who owns a 1966 Shelby GT is going to be crazy.....Remember buddy there are three different GTs maybe more, but I think you might like the Red version...just a guess?....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet!

..Really awesome pics of a great car...lots of detail camaro75...thanks for sharing........had no idea this one was out....really like it....!:thumbsup:
Thanks buddy!.....So far to date I've seen four different one...and before I leave to Vegas in September am getting the Red version and the Daytona 2000 too as my mission and my Honor to Carroll Shelby for making all real....Amen!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
WOW! Those are kick A--! I might have to start saving to get one to put it next to my Ford GT Concept. I really loving that black one.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW! Those are kick A--! I might have to start saving to get one to put it next to my Ford GT Concept. I really loving that black one.
You Took the words right out of my mouth....:thumbsup:....Oh!...wait until you see the red one....Super nice my friend!.....If I see again when in return from Vegas in Oct, am going to buy it....This makes my third Shelby 1/18 in my collection, next is the Daytona 2000 and a 1966 Cobra too....You won't go wrong on these just look at the details.....:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts