Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Toe In/Out 4LESS

One simple method is to use two pieces of brass tubing. Normally these come in 18" lengths from your local hobby shop. If your front axles are 1/8 inch then use 1/8" ID brass rod or use 3/16 rod if your front axles are that size. Slide a piece of rod over each axle and then hang the front of your chassis over the edge of your pit table so the rods line up with the edge of the table. It is very easy to see if you have toe-in or toe-out with the extended length of the brass tubes. Then lift the front of your chassis and you can see the camber angle on each axle. If you adjust the camber angle go back and readjust the toe.

Total Cost: $3.00 for two tubes. ALIGNMENT-JIG-4-LESS

BT

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
grc21 said:
any more accurate methods?
If money is no object... except no subsitutes.. Unity Tool.. great for camber caster and toe in.. the bubble level for tweak is not really my bag for oval...but the front end setup is unreal..It called the Unity Tool Tweak board.. Like I said I prefer scales for my oval pan car tweak but other than that its great...and it breaks down into a small little unit and comes with a little carrying case to protect it..

www.unitytool.com

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
grc21 said:
any more accurate methods?
Just get two straight rules.
Put each ruler against the wheels so that the rulers are centered on the tire and measure top and bottom of both rules.

This is very accurate too.

In motorsorts racing we used this method. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
caliper is how i do it.. you just have to be carefull that you dont bump the wheels.. there is generally some slop in the ball cups.. when the car is rolling forward, the slop is forced back.. Make sure you measure the same way..BTW i prefer a little slop in the ball cups.. ive found it helps the car track better down the straights.. to tight of a front end makes it super twitchy..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
burbs said:
caliper is how i do it.. you just have to be carefull that you dont bump the wheels.. there is generally some slop in the ball cups.. when the car is rolling forward, the slop is forced back.. Make sure you measure the same way..BTW i prefer a little slop in the ball cups.. ive found it helps the car track better down the straights.. to tight of a front end makes it super twitchy..

burbs i use a rubber band over the ballcups to pull it tight like when the car is going forward to do it then take the rubber band off when im done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts