Discussion Starter #2
Honda S2000

69 Camaro

Tooned Beetle

Ferrari 599xx

70 Chevelle SS Wagon

Ford Focus RS

2011 Dodge Charger

All 15! This is the first complete I have done since 2006. I found them all in multiples except 2 I did not find at all, the 67 Stang and Challenger, I traded for those hunt for hunt. I only found 1 67 Chevelle but that's all I needed!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Great set! :thumbsup:

Here's how mine go

In order
Never saw it
Never saw it
Found one
Never saw it
Found three, RAOK'd two
Never saw it, Really wanted one
Never saw it
Never saw it
Never saw it
Found one
Still haven't seen it
Still haven't seen it
Still haven't seen it

:lol::roll::lol:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Congrats completing the entire set. Even finding 13 like you mentioned is a tough task.
I managed to find or stumble upon 6 $upers this year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm getting close with the 2012 regular TH's. 11/15 and I may soon trade for the Tyrell.

Only have 4/15 of the 2012 Supers: Dodge Coronet Super Bee, '67 Chevelle SS, '67 Mustang Coupe, and the Honda S2000, though it's still the most Supers I found from any year. Most wanted: Ferrari 599XX, the Ford Focus RS, and the '70 Camaro Road Race (love the Champion logo; to this day, it still reminds me of the Hot Wheels Sto-and-Go garage set I had as a kid).

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Actually, the Mustang came before the Challenger (E vs F).

Let's see:

Superbee: 1 at Walgreens, trade it, eventually found another at DT
Chevelle: nope
Camaro: what I traded the Superbee for :)
Falcon: nope
Mustang: bought one on ebay for $28, eventually found 2 more at DT (figures)
Challenger: got three at K-Day, found another recently at a local supermarket
Maverick: found this week at Big Lots
Fairlane: nope
S2000: nope
Camaro Convertible: nope
VW Bug: found 1 at Target
599xx: nope
Chevelle Wagon: nope
Focus: nope
Charger: 1 from K-Day

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm impressed! Not only do you have the set complete, but THEY ARE OPEN TOO!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick tally. It looks like so far I have found 49 supers from this year. Hope to find a couple more this weekend! Speaking of supers at Kdays I have not gotten a super at a kday since 2006, the first 2007 super C6R vette. This is, by far, the best year since 2006 for finding hunts. I found quite a few of these without an accompanying regular hunt which means they were missed. Then I got on a roll with dump bins from the Fairlane on I only missed the Ferrari but made up for that with the TRU shippers. I found the most each of the Maverick, 69 Camaro, Beetle, Honda, Ferrari, 70 Camaro, and Focus.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Superbee: 2 at target
Chevelle: 3 at wm
Camaro: none
Falcon: 3 at dollar trees
Mustang:1 at wm 1 at dollar tree
Challenger 1 at tru
Maverick: none
Fairlane: 3 at target
S2000: nope
Camaro Convertible: nope
VW Bug: found 6 at wm
599xx: 1 at tru
Chevelle Wagon: 2 at target
Focus: nope
Charger: no

Many regular hunts
mars rovers
Angry birds

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

Here's how mine go

In order
Never saw it
Never saw it
Found one
Never saw it
Found three, RAOK'd two
Never saw it
Never saw it
Never saw it
Found one
Still haven't seen it
Still haven't seen it
Still haven't seen it

Here's how mine go Steve

1) Never looked for it
2) Never looked for it
3) Never looked for it
4) Never looked for it
5) Never looked for it
6) Never looked for it
7) Never looked for it
8) Never looked for it
9) Never looked for it
10) Never looked for it
11) Never looked for it
12) Never looked for it, but found 2
13) Never looked for it
14) Never looked for it
15) Never looked for it, but went back to K Day and found it 2 days later pegged

and

Never looked for them and never lost sleep over the ones I didn't get :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Congrats for Completing the 2012 Secret Supers Treasure Hunts Set Congrats. All I Found so far this Year. Was the Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Super at Pep Boys. And I Found the 1970 Chevelle SS Station Wagon Super. This pass Saturday at the K-Day Hotwheels Event.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Banned
565 Posts

Here's how mine go

In order
Never saw it
Never saw it
Found one
Never saw it
Found three, RAOK'd two
Never saw it
Never saw it
Never saw it
Found one
Still haven't seen it
Still haven't seen it
Still haven't seen it

Here's how mine go Steve

1) Never looked for it
2) Never looked for it
3) Never looked for it
4) Never looked for it
5) Never looked for it
6) Never looked for it
7) Never looked for it
8) Never looked for it
9) Never looked for it
10) Never looked for it
11) Never looked for it
12) Never looked for it, but found 2
13) Never looked for it
14) Never looked for it
15) Never looked for it, but went back to K Day and found it 2 days later pegged

and

Never looked for them and never lost sleep over the ones I didn't get :lol:
I will make mine short... Haven't found or saw a Damn Thing!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Impressive! :thumbsup:

I'm curious, how many did you find in 2006? Is 2006 your record? If not, what is your record and what year was it set?
2005 was the record setter. Over 150 hunts. This was before regular hunts when they were all "super" with rubber tires. I found exactly 25 of the 1958 Vette alone. Same story every year though, I never found 1 of the 67 GTO or Rodger Dodger. Had to trade for them both. I was killin'em at Family Dollar over in PG County,MD and DC before everyone figured it out. Grocery stores were hitting it hard too back then.
My peronal best for a singular hunt(not counting regulars) was the 2008 super Roadrunner. I found exactly 30 of them, thanks to a local grocery chain(Shopper's Food) that netted me 22 and KayBee closing which netted me another 5. 1 at CVS(my roomate found it for me), and another 2 at a different grocery chain(Giant). Not ONE was a painted base vari.
2007 was a HORRIBLE year for supers, 2009-2011 were "lean" but 2012 has been better than anything since 2006 in which I probably found 60-70 rubber tired hunts. But it never fails, there are always at least one I can't find,(2006 was the Sooo Fast) I have never found a complete set of supers. I'm sure I've found a complete set of regs every year since they started.
If something is working for you, ride it out, it won't last forever. Back in '05 the internet was not the tool it has become. I was online but not everyone else seemingly. Nowadays there are no secrets. Now I keep my eye on the HWC "Finds" forum to see what is hitting and where. I also keep closer contact with local HW friends here in VA and in MD. We all live and hunt in different areas so we all call each other when we see something new and there's no worry of stepping on each other's toes. The only time a "local" HW buddy is gonna tell you anything is after he's already hit it! The guys I communicate with are 40 minutes to an hour away from me so we share the same chains of stores but not the same hunting grounds. We also trade and RAOK each other if one of us misses something. It pays to have friends.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts