Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats The Best Servos For A 1/4 Scale For The Money. Do You Need Metal Geared High Torque With Bb. I Noticed Tower Has One That Is The Same As A Futaba As Far As Torque And Speed And They Both Are Metal Geared And Bb. Thanks For Any Help.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would go with the metal gear in all 3 servos. I have futaba 3005 in the steering & a stock 3003 in the throttle but I noticed it is weak for the brake. So I was thinking of getting another futaba for there.. It sounds like your just getting into 1/4 scale. Welcome.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I run two hitec hs645mg servos for steering, 133 oz per inch each @ 6v, and one futaba s3302 1/4 scale for throttle and brake, 162 oz per in. @ 6v. Ran this combo for two seasons with no servo trouble at all. :wave:

·
Registered
127 Posts
i use in all my quarterscales and sprint and 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale steering airtronics 94359z/erg servos high torque 200-oz torquea piece and i run two servos for steering on 1/4scale cars and sprint .these have double ball bearings .metal gears with aluminum heat sink case these are over $100.00 a piece but well worth it i have 2 of my lightnings that are 3 years old never touched servos still work great i used to run hitec when i first started in 1/4scale and i always had one burn out or break for steering. i use hitec hs-5745 1/4 scale for throttle but airtronics are a must for steering for me . in my opinion

·
Registered
916 Posts
sheldon 525 said:
i use in all my quarterscales and sprint and 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale steering airtronics 94359z/erg servos high torque 200-oz torquea piece and i run two servos for steering on 1/4scale cars and sprint .these have double ball bearings .metal gears with aluminum heat sink case these are over $100.00 a piece but well worth it i have 2 of my lightnings that are 3 years old never touched servos still work great i used to run hitec when i first started in 1/4scale and i always had one burn out or break for steering. i use hitec hs-5745 1/4 scale for throttle but airtronics are a must for steering for me . in my opinion
I agree with ya there Harry on the steering servos . Aitronics are a little pricey but I never ( knock on wood ) have had any trouble with them , in fact I just took the set out of the sprinter I've used since 2002 , only reason was for I found a wire rubbed raw and figured I better change it and get the wire lead replaced . As for the throttle and brake I use Futaba 3302 , seams to have plenty of power for either operation .

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your help it gives me an idea as to what i need. i talked to dougie m and he also helped after he yelled at me for not calling him first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts