Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I use the Futaba S3305 for the steering. It is probably the most used servo in 1/4 scale. The throttle/brake would probably be S3302. I use the tower hobbies 1/4 scale servo for the T/B and have never had any problems.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I run these on my sprinter

Hitec's best servo just got better. Based on the powerhouse HS-5955TG servo the HS-7955TG has the added benefit of our G2 second generation programmable digital circuit. This new circuit has twice the resolution of our original circuit while adding programmable overload protection. The HS-7955TG has been designed for the most demanding hobby applications including the largest aircraft and monster trucks. Featuring a titanic 333oz./in. of torque at 6.0 volts, all this power is harnessed by incorporating the industries first Titanium gears for incredible wear resistance and two strong hardened steel gear pins and axial brass bushing in the servo case. Motor Type: Coreless Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing Speed: 0.19 / 0.15 sec @ 60 deg. English Metric Torque: 250 / 333 oz.in (4.8v/6v) 18 / 24 kg.cm Size: 1.57" x 0.78" x 1.45" 40.00 x 20.00 x 37.00mm Weight: 2.29oz 65.00g

Mike
willmannracingproducts.com

·
Round & round we go!
684 Posts
I run three of these myself. Been good to me so far.

JAMMIN :thumbsup:

Hitec's best servo just got better. Based on the powerhouse HS-5955TG servo the HS-7955TG has the added benefit of our G2 second generation programmable digital circuit. This new circuit has twice the resolution of our original circuit while adding programmable overload protection. The HS-7955TG has been designed for the most demanding hobby applications including the largest aircraft and monster trucks. Featuring a titanic 333oz./in. of torque at 6.0 volts, all this power is harnessed by incorporating the industries first Titanium gears for incredible wear resistance and two strong hardened steel gear pins and axial brass bushing in the servo case. Motor Type: Coreless Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing Speed: 0.19 / 0.15 sec @ 60 deg. English Metric Torque: 250 / 333 oz.in (4.8v/6v) 18 / 24 kg.cm Size: 1.57" x 0.78" x 1.45" 40.00 x 20.00 x 37.00mm Weight: 2.29oz 65.00g

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Its really no point in price or all that tourqe for a servo because that 128 servo saver is only gona hold so much on steering

·
Registered
4,135 Posts

Mike
I am with Mike on this one thats exactly what i run on all my stuff...maybe a little over kill but the RELIABILITY is what i want in my equipment, and this gives it to you, and Mike forgot to mention they have heatsinks also!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Willy is correct on the servo savers that torque will override the servo savors on steering however, i use the KIM124 over the the 128 due to a extra strong spring and plastic housing.

Mike is correct that they have a heat sink built into the cases.

I like them because of the digital circuit, torque and they save weight however, using on the throttle could be over kill. Cost could be a problem. I ran them all summer on the sprinter with a lot of front end crashes (bad driver i guess) and have not lost one servo.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Appreciate the recommendations. Been an off road guy for 24 years and have really learned to love the Airtronics line for most of my stuff. The HiTec line was once an entry level / low dollar alternative, looks like I should take another look.

·
Having fun is #1
1,978 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
In my opinion, HITEC's are great. I would caution you however to not slack in this area. Good servos are one of the most important things to make these things work. I dont think you can over do them. I as well run the HS7955 for all three. I would highly suggest them. Though they technically have more torque than the servo savers have, its nice to have it there. They are also have pretty good speed, which is in my opinion important for the servos returning back to center. I have tried the 645 and 5645 servos and they dont do it for me. They are too weak and slow. It seemed to me like I had to chase the car with the steering wheel because it wouldnt come back to center by itself. The majority of our guys up here run them.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I have cooked (throttle) just about every brand of servo made. :eek:
Remember this, no matter what throttle servo you install make sure to set the end point so it doesn't pull on the carb. stop at full throttle. Leave a tiny bit of clearance or it will burn up quick. LOL

I prefer futaba. Steering S3305. Throttle S5301

1 - 20 of 22 Posts