Does it make a difference if you run all the power and ground
through the receiver to the servos, or do you run a separate
power and ground to each servo direct.
My receiver is a spectrum SR3100.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I've never heard of anyone by passing the receiver with power except in applications with speed controls. Maybe if it was a super high torque application like a robot or a large remote machine but our 1/4 cars don't require such of a drastic measure. :thumbsup:
Thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have heard people running the power straight to the servos who were using the Futaba Faast system... This seemed to be the fix to the reciever overheating, but it seems that too didn't cure the issue... other than that straight normal hook ups work good for our applications...

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Thanks

I use the SR3100 Pro with my 3PKS for 1/4 scale racing and there is no need to route servo power around the receiver. I use the Futaba 1/4 scale servo S5301 for my throttle and (2) S3305's for steering. My receiver power is a 3800 ma 5 cell pack without a regulator. I have not experienced any problems this year running this system. I hope this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
the hitec giant scale and tower hobbies giant scale servos suggest to bypass the reciever with the power wires due to the amp draw of them. I have not had any problems running my spectrum with JR 9100t(2) and the S5301. I use 4000ma lipo with the orion regulator

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
the hitec giant scale and tower hobbies giant scale servos suggest to bypass the reciever with the power wires due to the amp draw of them. I have not had any problems running my spectrum with JR 9100t(2) and the S5301. I use 4000ma lipo with the orion regulator
same thing here! but, 3pk radio!.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's a common practice at LQSS Sydney Aust, for the sprintcars to run a power lead straight to the steering servo....never any probs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts