Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new and want advise on a servo for a Rc10r5o..
I would like to buy one from hobbypartz.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
There is a lot of options but probably your best bet for the money would be the futaba 9650.. They are reasonable in price and they work very well!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Solar or EXI

I would measure the width you need and then look for one from Solar or EXI with digital, bearings, metal gears, and coreless motor. I think I've used the D657 in the R5, but I can't say for sure since I'm at work and not home.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Yeah, the Futaba 9650 is the probably most popular due to it's performance, weight, and relatively good price. The BLS651 is the brushless version. Unlike other servos, they have traditional mounting ears plus side mounting ears making more mounting options possible.

The Savox SH-1250MG (or SH-1257MG) is an alternative to the 9650. It's similar size and performance but has metal gears. I bought one, love the case (easy to replace gears) but not impressed with the gear slop. The offset is different than the Futabas. Haven't run it yet though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've had great luck with the Savox servos. Been on the same ones over a year now without a servo saver and still work great.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dave, please explain this part - do you just use a horn? thx.
I use the standard black servo saver but take the spring out of it and bolt it together so that it makes it solid. No give at all and the Savox servo has held up perfectly to it.

I don't run rubber bands, I use rod ends from servo city and not the ball cups.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I use the standard black servo saver but take the spring out of it and bolt it together so that it makes it solid. No give at all and the Savox servo has held up perfectly to it.

I don't run rubber bands, I use rod ends from servo city and not the ball cups.
When you use rod ends. Do you use a differant steering turnbukle?

I got some dubro rod ends (w/440 holes) the assembly was too long. I was thinking 12th scale steering ty rods...but I thought I would ask first. (This time)

·
Registered
487 Posts
When you use rod ends. Do you use a differant steering turnbukle?

I got some dubro rod ends (w/440 holes) the assembly was too long. I was thinking 12th scale steering ty rods...but I thought I would ask first. (This time)
Yes, I use shorter Tie rods. I can't remember the sizes off hand though, sorry. Something an 1/8" or so would be fine I would guess.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Believe it or not, Traxxas also makes some nice and pretty cheap rod ends that work on a 1/10 oval chassis. Most hobby stores that stock their parts have them on the wall. They come in a bag with about 10 pr for about $12

-E

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
im new and want advise on a servo for a Rc10r5o..
I would like to buy one from hobbypartz.
I have been running the Solar 658. It is about $13 from Hobbypartz, it is fast, digital, coreless, metal gear, ball bearing and more than enough torque for a pan car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts