Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You've seen the other entries in minicup64 and bob8748's threads, so here was my entry in Swifty's October custom event. The theme...RALLY!

I had never done anything in that direction and had a great time building this one. I went with the excellent Hot Wheels Ford Focus Rally casting and a new off road diorama.

I choose a fantasy, privateer effort by legendary Ford pilot Dorsey Schrader so I did not have worry about capturing real 1:1 details. But the diorama replicates a real leg of the Sardinia based WRC Rally Of Italy.

I am sorry for all the photos, but I wanted to share even more! This was just so much fun to build. I choose to use a simply wire to hold the car so I could use the cases for other subjects. I know you've already seen the diorama in action with other my Matchbox truck. I should have made wiper sweeps on the windows, but I just now thought of that while posting these photos!

Thanks so much for the look, I hope you like the pics. I've been giddy waiting to share with my brothers!

Ward

First, we had to build a car...

Then make it dirty...oh yea,,,and fly as well!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ward, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while. Would you mind putting together a how to on these dioramas you do? I've really been wanting to make some of these for my self. How do you do the dirt, the grass, and the roads?

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, I would not mind at all....it's really simple so it would be pretty easy to show it in progress. I will photo the next one I build and post it here. Good idea, thanks for asking.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I really like the shot of it leaving the ground. The one with the girls on the rocks is good too. You got em sized in well. Are the wheels co-molds?

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Ward! That is fantastic!!! :thumbsup:
I'm liking the next to last pic the best. Great action shot! I'm a big fan of all of your work but especially your dio and photography skills. I'm looking forward to some how-to's as well! Its amazing what you can put together in a four week build! You raised the bar a little, in a good way! You have me trying harder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts