Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I downloaded the Tanks and Trolls' Serenity some time ago and will probably shrink it down to 18" ('bout 1/144th scale), but that'll have to wait for awhile. I still find it hard to believe that with all this interest, kit companies would rather spend their money on a huge C-57D or a 1/72 scale submarine or yet another Jupiter 2 or Enterprise instead of probably one of the most loved ships in the Verse. IMHO. And with the unearthing of the 12' filming model, detail shots are on the plate. Grrrr Arghhhh.
Bruce
BTW, has anyone tried printing pics of the 12 footer off the QMX site? Every time I've tried it locks up my printer. It starts spewing out the same pic over and over till I shut it down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BTW, has anyone tried printing pics of the 12 footer off the QMX site? Every time I've tried it locks up my printer. It starts spewing out the same pic over and over till I shut it down.
I haven't printed those QMX pictures, but certainly grabbed them to use for Paper Serenity Reaver, so if they are grabable then I would suggest there is maybe something wrong with your printer/PC interface.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
...BTW, has anyone tried printing pics of the 12 footer off the QMX site? Every time I've tried it locks up my printer. It starts spewing out the same pic over and over till I shut it down.
It's because the enlarged image is in a layer that covers the rest of the page and it gets duplicated on every printed page.

You can right-click on the enlarged images and save them to your PC.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Bazinga!!! That woiked. Thanks Paulbo. Now I'll have to transfer all the sheets from Tanks and Trolls to a disc and slide on down to CopyWorks. I'll just betcha by the time I'm done with the paper model someone will release a plastic one. It's my luck. Or maybe I can bribe Stephanie into casting one. I'll flip for the resin and RTV.
Bruce

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yep Kdaracal, been there done that:rolleyes:.....wasn't a particularly good model to build, no matter what you did it always looked twisted.....
By the Btbrush, I used the white tank and troll one scaled down to build my plastic version....Now I'm waiting for Micro to finish his 1/72 paperkit so I can use that!!:thumbsup:
check out the papermodellers site for some superb pics of what he has done so far....oh and he has done the Firefly shuttle as well!

·
Registered
861 Posts
MICRO? Who that be? Tried papermodelers site (leave it to the folks on the other side of the pond to put in a extra "L" in "modelers"). Didn't find the Serenity but I'll try again. Aeryn, did you build up the paper model then use it for you contours or as subassemblies?

·
Registered
353 Posts
BT, look under firefly project (currently on page 2 of the Alternate Dimensions forum......also we British know how to spell correctly:tongue:...
Actually with regard the T and T white Serenity I just printed out the parts and glued them (loosely) on to the plasticard before cutting them out, yes I did some of the paper kit first just to see where parts went!.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah, and WE'RE the ones with a bloody accent, eh. Maybe whilst I'm waiting for the ship to print I'll slide on down to the local pub and watch the dailys and have some bangers and chips and maybe a pint 'o bitters, what. I'll check out the site again. Thanks for the info, Steph.
Bruce

·
Registered
861 Posts
OMG, found the thread! I was not prepared for that. To say that Mirco is amazing, would be a gross understatement. I can't even imagine what Serenity will look like when she's done. Being a retired model kit designer, I have a clue as to what it would be like to design this as a kit. But to make it into a paper model is, is, well, incredible. Thank you so much for suggesting this site. Certainly does raise the bar, doesn't it?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts