Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I forgot, when I tried it in Firefox after I found it, I couldn’t get it to work, when I copied the link over to Internet Explorer, it worked just fine. I just tried it again and it wouldn’t work in Firefox, but it worked fine in Internet Explorer.

I don’t think I would have the space to display a 3ft. model, but it would be cool to put an interior in that large of a model. At least it’s not hard to reduce the printouts. It just has the outline of the parts, but a couple coats of fixit spray over the part to seal the paper after they’ve been assembled and they will be ready for paint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Serenity Model

Hi,

I am new but have been working on the Serenity Model for awhile. I have the two motors finished and was about to move on.

Reading you "How To" and the other ideas here should make building the rest of my model a lot easier.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Ok...CALL ME nuts ( I'm use to it ) but I can't help thinking....gee....why not I take those plans, scale them to what ever you want and use them as rough templates to build this thing in styrene and what other materials needed?

I can't be the first to ponder this? I'm thinking 2 feet in length is just about perfect.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Got the big one.

Actually, I've built one of those big suckers before, and while it can be awkward, it is fun having a Firefly that big to play with. Even if it is all white.

For a while, I was toying with the idea of scaling up the Chihuahua model to the same size as the big one, if only to provide some surface detail to the beast (166% is the magic number, kids), but things get so pixelated at that level that it adds another level of complexity to the operation.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
About the download link for the big model: It's rather temperamental. I just tried to downlod it again, and in Firefox, I got nothin', but with Internet Explorer, it worked fine.

Weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread, I know, but seemed apprapo here.

Currently building her with 65 lb stock, upsized to 13" x 19" (about 2 ft. in length).

I'm having one helluva time putting together the gravity rotor (horseshoe/ fuentes 1 & 2). In specific, gluing parts 43, 44, 50 & 52 to parts 51 & 42 (the extenders that sweeep backwards) but not having them come out straight. Finding it quite difficult, next to impossible, to get this to come out correct. It ends up looking quite disfigured and simply wont work/fit with the rest of the engine portion.

Any advise would be appreciated. TIA, -J

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't know if you know

Hi paper builders!, After having read your thread, thought you might like to see a plastic version of ole shiny!
I built it using the white paper kit as a basis (making it smaller for ease)
check her out.
chianna47.webs.com
Aeryn43

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, finished her so I thought I'd show a pic.

I would recommend swapping 43 and 44's placement when gluing.

It went together much better as the extenders should sweep inward, centrally, as they come back, just as their topskin counterparts, 50 and 52 do. When I went by the instructions, underskins 43 & 44 swept outward, resulting in a twisted mess that was completely unusable. Swap 'em and they come back inward.

That being said, the gravity rotor was still a PITA to build and keep straight.

I've got her landing gear stowed for an in-flight pose. Enjoy, -J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, there is a new Paper Serenity available for 2012, with a Reaver theme and many improvements. You can find it here:
closertogod.net/Serenity/

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Impressive!
It looks so good!:thumbsup:

This is the first time, I have ever seen a paper model built, online.

I would not have though a paper model built out of paper, instead of card stock, would work so good.

I have always used 110 weight card stock, and some times it is hard to work, on small parts. Now, because of your "class", I have learned new ways to build paper models.

As you said, and I know, if you mess up, or lose a part, you print another one. Alot easier than fixing/replacing plastic parts.

Thanks for showing how you did it!
Now you have! Here's a site of interest for those wanting to get into paper modeling:
WWW.PAPERMODELERS.COM

Thanks for showing us this, Scott. I see that it's not perfectly symmetrically even, but it would be a lot worse had I built it!! I just don't have the patience for paper models - I just don't.

~ Chris​

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sometimes, it's amazing coming across sites that you haven't visited in so long that you've forgotten that you already registred with them...

41 - 60 of 76 Posts