Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Looking real good! Thanks for the tip, to avoid the droop.

What kind of glue do you use? I use mainly glue sticks, and some gel super glue. I also, use the blue 3M masking tape, with the least tack, to hold some parts together.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
I print all my models on cardstock. I like gluesticks, because they dry fast.

I have though lately, about just using paper for some model parts, since cardstock can be hard to work with, on cones, round, or very curved parts.

For the cargo bay of the Serenity, cardstock should work best, because of the many flat sides.

When you finish the model, are you going to glue it to a base, or hang it?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Getting better as you go along! I'm enjoying seeing the build.

I understand the pains in building some parts. As you said about ill fits, and the smaller parts, they can really test your modeling skills. Thanks to your work, I have picked up some useful tips, to use on my models.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Impressive!
It looks so good!:thumbsup:

This is the first time, I have ever seen a paper model built, online.

I would not have though a paper model built out of paper, instead of card stock, would work so good.

I have always used 110 weight card stock, and some times it is hard to work, on small parts. Now, because of your "class", I have learned new ways to build paper models.

As you said, and I know, if you mess up, or lose a part, you print another one. Alot easier than fixing/replacing plastic parts.

Thanks for showing how you did it!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
I like your tips, Dreamer! I need to get some 65lb card stock for some parts of my models. Using that and paper, my models should be easier to fit together. If possible, your box, for support is a good a good idea. Some models I build, do have support built in, some really need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts