Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Tweak 'em and Run
977 Posts
Hello Mayhem, Welcome to the boards, look around there is lots to see and learn...:wave: Looks like we may be neighbors? The trucks look great. :thumbsup: Are they resin or DC converts? Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

Jeff

·
Banned
320 Posts
jack0fall said:
Hello Mayhem, Welcome to the boards, look around there is lots to see and learn...:wave: Looks like we may be neighbors? The trucks look great. :thumbsup: Are they resin or DC converts? Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

Jeff
Niether, actually. The cabs are all plastic from H.O. model kits. The Mercedes is fused to a Tyco Porsche 908 body, The Ford is fused to a AFX Too Much and the '56 Ford is fused to a tjet GT40.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ohhh! I have been working on a bunch of customs .:p I would love to post some pictures. BUT, when I looked for the camara it seams to have gone on vacation with part of the family .(no one asked me):freak: So when it gets home pictures will be coming.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
MWG,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there, have some stuff of my own, do understand . . .

Anyhow, neat rides you have there. The truck stuff is way cool.

You have some very nice Willys rides as well.

Cheers,
Jas

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
sorry for the unclear photos. this shows the dif between the org and the custom. at this point both tjet chassis are installed and running .

Now this pile of parts will be a drag car. It will pull the front tires on take off on the drag strip .Will pull about a scale foot or two then come down .Much like a real drag car. Cut down xtraction chassis .ft axle will attach to body. Notice the front rims in picture .One has been cut down already the other still has to be narrowed a bit. This wwill let the ft rims and tires tuck under the body nice for a very low ft end. A hinge on the rear axle will let the body move up and down..

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My metro funny car is getting a automotive base coat/ clear coat by a buddy .picture of it will be coming.

This is a speed stear car with the nose cut down .Not sure what chassis i will run on this one. again sorry for the bad picture.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Garbage truck

I found this 50 cent garbage truck at the dollar store .great plastic back ,die cast cab. When I saw it I thought .COE Waste removable truck. Out of the project box came one of my COE fire trucks.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I opened up the side windows .I was going to paint the cab but the beige cab green bed and yellow rims kind of stuck on me so some black details later and a jl chassis nos truck rims and tires and its a runner.DONE! total time about 20 minutes!

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
WesJY said:
cool looking garbage truck !! :thumbsup:

Wes

We call those the Newfie racing team....

But looks cool...

Coach!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts