Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Kevins customs

I have been working on some projects .I am not doing any bodies for sale right now .Just playing with some projects and finishing some past stuff too!
I will do a few WILD customs only for the Autofest
First one

Semi Truck And a two car trailer .Both Truck and trailer powered by T-jet style chassis for extra power .Pin hole and metal plates on trailer to hold pins and traction magnets from the two slot cars on he back.

Here is the donor body .I took this photo from ebey as I did not take any pictures of mine till after I started chopping ,cutting and reforming.

See new pictures below

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
some changes already .On the back my poly jet racer and a tuned restoration of a real junker with 20 coats of paint when i got it.Now a sweet little tjet runner.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Alright M.W.G.

Glad to hear your feeling good. That will be a beauty! I like the scale of the truck too. Doesn't dwarf the tjets. Keep on keep'in on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
tjd241 said:
Glad to hear your feeling good. That will be a beauty! I like the scale of the truck too. Doesn't dwarf the tjets. Keep on keep'in on. :thumbsup:
Thanx I like the look now too.I cut the top off the trailer and trimed almost a 1/8 off the bottom too.The rig was to tall so off came the roof .getting the new roof ready to install . these mods made the scale look much better.I also filled the wheel wells with skirts to give it a more art deco look.

here is the start to another project for the fest .
The body is one of my resins (sorry none for sale) it uses a hot wheels metrorail for a donor for the glass,plastic chrome bumpers scoops and headers .This will run a custom brass tube chassis with a inline lifelife motor.this should be a light weight package. details to come.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A dead Hot wheels and a dead lifelike gave up their parts for a real frank-n-metro monster. Afx style rims .I will have to tub the rear to get the tires up under the body.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roadrner said:
Kevin,

Can't wait to see this one finished, should make for one bad ___ dragster. Keep the pix coming!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dave
Thanks Dave
heres a couple of other done customs

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is my 33 Willys stock hight roof pickup .sorry for the blury pictures still learning a new camara. resin body with a life llike motor.

How about a stock roof coupe on a slimline chassis.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a better picture of the semi project. the moon willys is just sitting on my neo jet chassis .I know the wheel base is off .I just placed it there for fun .Check out the cop pulling oner the rig .Working lights and serins.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hold on that cop car is pulling a wheelie .Yea its one of my wheel stander slot cars .I have a bad bus too. I will be filling the roof on the truck tonight! on the back is my poly jet racer.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I built these two as work horses .About a million laps and a million wrecks later still running strong.I let any one who wanted to run these in my old store.:thumbsup: tyco 440 powered.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about some creative use of super glue and quick set .I place tape over the top of the truck sprayed some fast set on the inside of the tape .Glued over that and quickly sprayed more fast set .instance roof. I will be putting on some super clay over that to add a nice curve to the roof. Also better picture of the chop top 33 willys delivery.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is another 1;1 slot car project :freak: .I got to build a chassis for this one too.all the tin and trees are in it.A little glass work and some paint . last run late 70s are so.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was a Mcdonalds happy meal toy now on a tjet chassis .I still need to build the drop pickups for this one. Little firebird stock car .dropped down with a hopup wheel thought the hood for an air cleaner.

·
Registered
327 Posts
mrwillysgasser,

Some wild looking rides, transporter is way cool. Really like moon-eyes as well, very nicely done all . . .

Cheers,
Jas

1 - 20 of 39 Posts