Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to sell the Hot Wheels numbered collection 1-1100+. There are numerous variations, errors, ZAMAC , 5 packs and extras. Custom display racks etc. We really want to sell the collection as one huge lot. Has anyone had any luck selling this large of a collection? Is ebay the best route?

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
first welcome to ht boards,(nice user name)i dont know how id go about this but i suppose ebay would be the ticket if ya want to sell it all at once just my thoughts though ttfn johnny :cool:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Ebay would be a good start. You may also want to try your hometown newspaper's classified section or some type of trader magazine. That route may dig into your profits, but may be worth the few extra dollars to sell the whole thing. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Before selling the whole lot for much less than the breakup price it is worth checking that there are no single cars in the $100- $1000 price range.A lot of HW will only be $1 cars but every year a couple come out for big bucks,and any over 20 years old could be individual auction big scores -rare variations, redlines and blackwalls fetch the most green.Store display items also fetch good $,especially if redline era

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
SMS88 said:
Before selling the whole lot for much less than the breakup price it is worth checking that there are no single cars in the $100- $1000 price range. A lot of HW will only be $1 cars but there are some very expensive cars in the numbered range, and selling them in a lot for a buck a car or less would be selling yourself short.
I paraphrased the above. :D Definitely check a price guide to see if you have any diamonds in the rough. Numbers to look for would be #1, #7, #10-#19, #21, #27, #30, #50, #51, #83, #271. I'm sure I'm missing some but it's been a while since I was up on these. Also there are extremely rare variations of some of the lower numbers with gold ultra hot wheels. Some are common with these wheels, but some are not.

Shipping can be prohibitive too on large lots. You may have to send several small boxes rather than a few larger ones.

Good luck with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts