Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me, or does everyone, at one time or another, say, "Heck with it, I could get $$$$$$ for this collection"?
I definately would hold onto a handful of "meaningful" cars, but I have so much stuff, plastic bin after plastic bin of track, houses, ect. and I could drop 800 cars and still have a 200 car collection.

just wondering? Is it me?

LOL, I just bid 5 grand on a collection of fleabay., Ok 6,000.00

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
sethndaddy said:
Is it just me, or does everyone, at one time or another, say, "Heck with it, I could get $$$$$$ for this collection"?
I definately would hold onto a handful of "meaningful" cars, but I have so much stuff, plastic bin after plastic bin of track, houses, ect. and I could drop 800 cars and still have a 200 car collection.

just wondering? Is it me?

LOL, I just bid 5 grand on a collection of fleabay., Ok 6,000.00
You probably told your TM $60.00. :p

I dont think it's just you Ed. I do find it interesting that the amount of collections offered seems to ramp up just before tax time. :rolleyes:

Or, is that just me? ;)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Just before moving to Portland I decided to Epimp about 40 or so cars not just for the extra cash, but because I was running out of room and after fees and shipping costs had just under $1000 in my paypal account. There were a handful I kind of regret letting go of, but the rest were just fillers in my collection.

There are certain cars Ill never part with no matter what. My big bad blue #5 AFX Javelin and the rest that were my uncle doug's hand-me-downs will always be with me, as will all of my Jeep slots. Most all the resin cars Ive painted and built are likely to be off limits too. They're one of a kind and I put WAY too much work into them, even though some would bring near $100 a pop based on what Ive seen others' work bid for.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
I dumped my collection of real TJets and AFXes over the last two years just to focus on the new JL and AW stuff that was coming out. Got tired of asking myself what good is it to have them if you don't run them (other than for tuning and cleaning every now and then). Figured I'd try and recoup some of the bucks I had passed out and make room for the newbies that were on the horizon. That didn't happen. :eek: Anyway, now I find myself trying to get some of those originals back. :freak: What a vicious circle. :) rr

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
It seems to me that slot cars and slot car collections draw higher prices when people are receiving their tax returns.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
One time I decided I didn't need all the dust collecting/might as well be diecast/ slot cars. I kept one of each body style and let the rest go. who needs 6 different colors of one car (except maybe MoPars!)? I cleaned out all my extra Firebirds, Camaros, Corvettes, etc....

I don't regret the downsizing. I have since got some of them back, but resold them again.

Marty

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
It seems as though many of us do the same thing.

Sounds like we need netslots (no late fees)

Wouldn't that be cool though. Use a car for a while then send it to someon else and at the same time someone else is sending you a car. And so on, and so on, and so on...

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
micyou03 said:
Wouldn't that be cool though. Use a car for a while then send it to someon else and at the same time someone else is sending you a car. And so on, and so on, and so on...
Now that would be kool!!

Marty

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Bill Hall said:
Socialized slot cars? You guys are off the hook! I dig it.
NO they are mine I tell ya, MINE, and if any of you dirty rats touch em why I outta.....

Coach

1 - 11 of 11 Posts