Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the body from this 'cuda Snake FC so I can strip the paint off, repaint it, and re-install it. Open to any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi moparnutty, I hate to say it but there is no easy way to remove the body from the chassis, you have to spread the two prongs that are attached to the base very gently, unfortunatly they tend to break very easily...No easy way for this one!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Yep, I agree with Bob 100%. They will most likley break, but you can simply clean up the prong castings so they match on both sides (I like the term there Bob). Or even fabricate something to reclose the pin once your done. Either way, it's a great casting to work with. The chassie looks fantastic! Keep us updated....

Ward

·
Registered
470 Posts
It has a lot of character. I wouldn't touch it at all. It tells a story. You can imagine what a life it has had and how it was used. Once you change it, you take that all away.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After reading everyones responses and some careful thought I've decided to leave it the way it is. Thanks to all of you for your input. John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts