Hobbyist Forums banner

881 - 885 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It depends on were you look for the time lines and whether you agree that the original BW design is the one still being used - or not. The wheel hub design is where I see the differences. Some people say it is just thicker chrome. And yes I do agree they are still plain old black walled tires otherwise! We have a discussion thread or a discussion within a thread about the last BW'ed Hot Wheels but I havent found been able to find it again - yet! There have been some castings issued with 'them' since then as well IIRC.
Yeah, it does look slightly different than the original... I couldn't quite put my finger on it though so I went and pulled an old one out. In relation to the spokes, the outer rim is raised and the center ring is inset. There's also the '90s variant that doesn't have a center ring. From my causal observation of my collection that version is only on cars made in China.

It looks like the BWs on the current Flying Customs line is back to a style that's closer to the original.

881 - 885 of 885 Posts