Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just opened my Secret Santa RAOK from The Dark Cutlass, and let me be the first to share what was in this Hobby Talkers Christmas booty!!!

I was sent a pair of White Lightnings!!!!

WaaaaaaaaHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris sent me the blue '57 Corvette from Chevy Thunder, and the Daytona Coupe from 60s Sizzle! What a haul!!!

Thanks Santa! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hello everyone!

My Secret Santa did some good research.....I got a Chevy High Perrformance 2001 Camaro (white wheels and hubs).....I had mentioned that I was fond of those white wheels....A HWs TH New Beetle (I mentioned that Bugs and T-birds were my fav. castings)....a Car & Driver Dream Cars daily calendar (for the office) and a bag of M & Ms...(for my sweet tooth).

Very Cool!!!!!!!! Thank you very much Secret Santa... :thumbsup:

André
Chicago

PS Hope everyone posts what they got here too!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
It's official! My W/L 's just had a huge percentage jump. :) With the addition of two amazing FIREBIRD W/L's. Not to mention my first tinted glass one :thumbsup:. And that's one more then I found this whole year. :) Thank's Santa!!!! You ROCK!!!

Also included was a brand x HotBird and a bunch of chocolate. :) I must admit I never heard of a Goo Goo Cluster but by looking at the wrapper I wish I have. :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Well I do not know who my Secret santa is because there was no name on the box other than "Secret Santa". I do know however, that my gift came from New Jersey and that it is just right for me. Here's what was in the box I received:

#) A completed set of Mooneyes cars including:
'32 Ford Highboy
'41 Willys coupe
'50 Ford F-1
'58 Fury
60's Shelby Cobra
60's dragster
#) Gray Baskerville's '32 Ford Roadster
#) Tenth Anniversary "Color Me Gone" Challenger
#) Four Collector CLub Exclusives which are as follows:
*Three 60's VW Buses
- "Peace" Hippie Bus
- Sun and Moon Bus
- two tone Bus in red and white
* BWF '55 Chevy 2-door sedan (#821 of 2000)

There was also a McDonald's Hot Wheels car that is pretty cool and a "Salute to Richard Petty" '84 Grand Prix from Cheerios.

Let me just say "THANK YOU!" to whoever sent these. I cannot thank you enough. I did not have any of those VeeDubs. The two Hippie buses I have never even seen other than in pictures. They are even cooler than I thought they could be. That '55 Chevy is hot too! I missed out on that one because I just never got around to ordering one. I'm happy as heck to have it. I'd forgotten that it even existed.
The Moon stuff is great too. I love it. There's something special about getting that set too. Not only is it just plain cool, but last week someone posted a thread about the Muscle Trucks box set which included a '50 Ford F-1. I posted a reply stating that I do not have a single example of that truck but that I really like it. Well, now I have one and it is too cool. Thank you Santa, whoever you are. You made my Christmas morning very exciting.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I will let the pics do the talking. But to my SS, THANK YOU! I love my goodies! My 4th WL ( and I don't even collect them, but all have come from HT member, so that's just to cool!) and a wonderful mix of brands, heavy on the Stangs! And dig the matching Camaro toy fair cars! GL and all!!!! WOW!

He must have done a bit of reading on me! Again, thank you so much Santa, I only hope my reciepent enjoied thiers as much as I did mine!

Merry Christmas Everone!
Ward

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt there will be a slow trickle as people celebrate the hoiliday with their families, but later there will be a flood of posts about everyone's hauls...... can't wait !!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Merry Christmas to all from the great green north!! That's right, not one flake of snow here in Ottawa, Canada!

Well, the family don't get here for another hour or so....in the meantime, thank you Secret Santa!

All I can say is Thank you. This is my first 1/24 Johnny Lightning Muscle Car and I love it. It will influence me to buy more! I love the others too...I don't even have one of them...which seems impossible!! BUT...the framed picture blew me away and the signed picture is just amazing! I've got a great spot picked out for both already!

Thank you so much for putting a smile on my face this morning!

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I would also like to thank my Secret Santa for their kind and thoughtful box of goodies!!

First, the person quite a bit of research about me, and really put alot of thought in what they sent me. I got a bit of black and a bit of white in my box.

I was given a Black Bandit Camaro!! I never got that car, and was very happy to get it. I always wanted to buy one, but never got around to it.

Next was a WL Corvette, and even though I have it, I will always keep it. (I'm now going to open the one I have, and enjoy one lose)!

They made me a Hobby talk I.D Card with my join date, and to commemorate my 3000th post which is coming soon. It's laminated and everything!

A ziplock with some chocolate, nuts and a candy cane! (yummmm)

There was a Secret Santa Hobby Talk Christmas letter included, with holiday greetings. In it an explanation of the box's contents.

The most thoughtful item, however, was a framed photograph he/she took of the rear flank of a Chevrolet Bel Air. (It is numbered 4/10...and signed Secret Santa 12/06!!

What an incredible joy it was to open! Thank you so much whoever you are! What a special group of gifts they are!

Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I got a couple AG's T-Bucket & 55 Cheby. 1 Dodge & studebaker truck.
Then A Truck and Suv's with a Tow truck that has white Hub's and a white bottom. I thinking WL ,but I've thought that before. Any ways pics later

Thank -you Mr.Hicks !!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
I got a couple AG's T-Bucket & 55 Cheby. 1 Dodge & studebaker truck.
Then A Truck and Suv's with a Tow truck that has white Hub's and a white bottom. I thinking WL ,but I've thought that before. Any ways pics later

Thank -you Mr.Hicks !!!
So much for the Sectret Santa part, thanks to the USPS. The clerk told me when I filled out the customs form that it stayed with her (I had told her it was supposed to be secret).

And yes, the TL tow truck is a WL, and you are welcome.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
I opened my box from Santa

Coke with Tin Box Shelby Cobra WL

60s Sizzle Shelby Cobra WL

Firebirds orange 78 Trans Am WL

Thunderjets blue Snake Eyes

Santa knows me like my own brother.... how cool was that? If I had gotten to choose myself, i couldn't have done better!!!

Thank you Santa!!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Well, the real Santa brought me a new camera. Sorry to say though that I haven't had a chance to look at it yet so there's no pics.

My Secret Santa also checked out what I like, as evidenced by all the Mustangs and some Zingers!

MB new SF Scion xB
MB new SF Streaker Hemi Cuda
MB Mixer
MB GMC Wrecker
HW Classics '63 Corvette
HW '05 FE Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept, one in Chrome, one in silver
HW '07 1969 Ford Mustang
Fresh Cherries '74 Gremlin
MM Nitro Coupes '37 Chevy Coupe
MM Nitro Coupes '91 Corvette ZR-1
Maisto Ridez '93 Mustang Cobra
RC2 The Fast & the Furious '67 Mustang
Badd ride '05 Mustang GT, 1 red, 1 blue
Poker series 2 '70 Mustang Mach 1 (two of them)
Poker series 2 '96 Corvette
MC R4 '69 GTO

Zingers 5 pack, with a '55 Ford Panel WL!

Thank you so much SS for all the great cars!!!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
nascar4al said:
69Stang,maybe you know, but that marvel X Men olds looks like a WL to me.
Looks like you guys had a haul there.
REALLY??? No I had know idea! Is it because the lower body panel is primer grey instead of purple? It has no "standard" white properties! Someone please tell me...that would just be icing on the cake!!! I truly have no real grasp on the whites, so any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Thank you santa for some awesome chargers. My new casting i am collecting and it is easier than trying to decide what 57 chevys i dont have. :wave:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts