Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ho Ho Ho! It's Secret Santa time! I've put together some guidelines for this year's event in hopes of making it a fun and thoughtful event for everyone involved. I for one have truly enjoyed the last few years of Secret Santa here on Hobbytalk. The giving more than the receiving because it allows you to be very creative! So with that being said, here are the 2009 Secret Santa guidelines:

1. This year's spending target is $20.00.
2. The deadline for signing up to participate will be November 30th.
3. The deadline for having mailed your gift will be December 15th. I recommend having your gift mailed as soon as you can in advance of that date but understand the need for flexibility due to differing pay days.
4. All members wishing to participate must contact me via email (Subject line: 2009 Hobbytalk Secret Santa) at [email protected] with the following info:

Full Name
Address
Hobbytalk Board Name
Email address that you use most often

I will send you a confirmation email once I receive your participation email. If you do not receive my confirmation email within 24 hrs, I did not get your email and ask that you resend or contact me through PM.
5. Members may post your "likes and interests" on this thread so that your Secret Santa may view the posts for ideas for you.
6. Shipping with delivery confirmation is HIGHLY recommended only so that I can track your delivery. I ask that once you ship your package, send me the DC# for tracking, not your gift recipient. It will be my responsibility to ensure the tracking process. This is a necessary step that lessons learned from past events have made valid.
7. If you sign up to participate, follow through with the obligation. We want this to be fun for all and it's not so fun if Santa fails to show up for someone. If some unforeseen circumstance arises that will prevent you from sending a gift after you have been given contact info, email me ASAP!
8. I won't designate an "opening day" for the gifts. If we want to designate a date, we can collectively. I will set up a thread so that members can post pictures of their gifts and offer thanks to all the Secret Santas.
9. I will not include my name in the gift receiving pool to avoid any conflicts of interest.
It is my goal to ensure everyone has fun with this! It's the thoughtfulness of the gift giving that's important and the spirit behind this Secret Santa event that makes it so fun. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me for clarification.
Thank you to everyone who participates and let's get started with this year's event by posting your interests!! Happy gift giving to all my fellow Hobbytalk member's!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Great! My email has been sent.
At the risk of repeating myself: I'm into Mustangs, Jeeps, Dale Jarrett, Matt Kenseth and HO trains.

Let the holidays begin!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
email sent.

My name stands for what I love most. 1/64th scale Police,Fire,Ambulances, and Chevy. But I love any 1/64th diecast as long as its real world. Not into "fantasy" vehicles I guess you would call them.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Got my email in

I love anything military. Johnny lightning and matchbox being my favorite. I also love GTO's and trucks of the older style. No foreign trucks please. Keep it in the big three and I will be happy.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
No foreign trucks please. Keep it in the big three and I will be happy.
Isn't it ironic that Titans and Tundras are built in the US and many GM and Ford models are built in Canada and Mexico now? :freak:

Anyway, sent my e-mail as well. It's pretty obvious that I'm a Mopar collector ('68-'74, the golden age!). But I have an appreciation and collection of many various muscle cars from all brands, particularly pro-touring style. First and second gen Camaros are also starting to appeal more to me (blasphemy, I know!). I also love rat rods, be they car or truck. I wasn't really collecting much when the Jada Road Rats and Von Dutch series were out, so hate I missed them!

Looking forward to celebrating Christmas! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I tossed my name in the ring. My turn-ons include 1/64 scale diecast, starting with vintage Lesney Matchbox on up to JL, GL and M2. If it looks realistic (casting, paint, tampos, etc.) I like it. If it's a big ol' American boat from the 50's or 60's, I love it!

I'm also looking forward to putting together a package to send out again this year. Thanks for hte opportunity to have a little fun!

Mike

·
Registered
466 Posts
Email sent.

My likes well mustangs, mustangs, & mustangs and about any other ford/merc/lincoln product. I do like trucks also tow trucks, rollbacks, HD trucks.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi All! The emails with your gift recipients will be on the way shortly. Keep an eye out for them Santas!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi All! The emails with your gift recipients will be on the way shortly. Keep an eye out for them Santas!
Thanks Adrian, I received your emails. It looks like you are doing alot of work here with this for us to have a good time, thank you for that. This will be the first year I have done a Secret Santa. I am looking forward to some fun.

I moved to Okinawa earlier this year and was nervous about having the space for my cars here so I put all of them in storage. Without having the cars here, I haven't been doing much lately as far as buying or trading cars, except the occasional car I pick up at the base exchanges.

As for what I collect, I have a little of everything. I mostly Collect Chase Cars. White Lightnings are the most of my collection, big and small, loose or carded, 5pack, 10 pack etc... I like White Lightnings. I like Green Machines and the Hotwheels Classics Chase cars. I have a few Maisto Chase cars and I occasionally keep a Treasure Hunt.

I really don't have any specifics other than that for my Secret Santa. If they are happy to send it, I will be happy to receive it.

Have fun,
David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts