Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/350 Seaview - Shipping yet ?

Anybody heard when the small 1/350 Seaview is being released ? I thought it was sometime in August but I can't find anything on Moebius' website. Anyone hear anything ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think it may be due in to shops by next week- grab a couple because the build up I saw looks perfect- a definitive Seaview in this scale!
Gary Y.:wave:

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is great news ! I am so up for this kit ! It'll look soooooo great on the shelf next to my Polar Lights 8-window Seaview !

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Yep, got this one on preorder as well from Steve. I converted the polar lights reissue of the Aurora kit into the 4 window version to go along with my Aurora original and their on the shelf side by side. I have a feeling that once I get the new Moebius version...my cobbled together version will go in the reserve fleet. In the closet! Another much antisipated kit finally comes to light. Thanks once again to Moebius! I just realized that I have built more Seaviews than Enterprises! I have the 39 inch Moebius, 2 Seaviews from Lunar, one Polar Lights, one Aurora and That beautifull Pink resin MIM kit. Also one from Midori of Japan. That makes 7 so far by my count and the new 1/350 will make 8! Yes..life is good!

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woohoo is right! Just called my LHS and he said he'd set one aside and call me when his order arrives from Moebius. He said he'd been asked about this kit by 5 or 6 other sci-fi modellers in his store. I think this will really be a big seller for Moebius.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just ordered one. I hope it comes before I have to go out of town for a week on business in two weeks so I'll something to do in the hotel on the down time.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Does anyone know if this comes with a detailed control room ? What about the FS bay ?
I've seen the PE set offered by Paragrafix but wondered what comes with the kit.
http://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?MainCat=blank&SubCat=blank&PPartNum=PGX118
I plan on lighting mine.
The kit doesn't have a control room or Flying Sub bay. The etch set comes with both (well, just the observation lounge of the control room, but it includes the ceiling girders), as well as crew and a bunch of other goodies.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The kit doesn't have a control room or Flying Sub bay. The etch set comes with both (well, just the observation lounge of the control room, but it includes the ceiling girders), as well as crew and a bunch of other goodies.
Well dang... on second thought that may just be too good to pass up ! I have the PE set for the large Seaview and the quality is amazing. I have no doubt the PE for the smaller version will be just as good !

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
I can hardly wait for this! To remain a loyal customer of Steve's, I've ordered both the 1/350 Seaview and Paulbo's PE accurizing sheet from him, and in order to keep my LHS in business and to promote interest in Moebius kits, I've ordered one from them as well.
I will build one OOB and have it on display at the LHS, and I'll build my second one with the PE and put it on display here at my office. :wave:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts