Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my second post, and thought I'd show my previous build to the 1/32 flying Sub.

This is the Moebius 1:128th Seaview. There are six Prieser model railroad figures on board, all are slightly modified.They came as "Railroad conductors" and had a similar navy like dress, which didn't require much modifying, just the correct colors. The female figure up front (Had Barbara Eden in mind, but she could be someone else) is a passenger, that I did the most work on. I made the dress out of Aves putty, and slightly tweaked the pose. All the figures are painted in Vallejo acrylics and sealed with Model Master clear flat.

The figure on the conning tower is Admiral Nelson, with the Phantom episode in mind when painting this one. As for the Seaview itself, I airbrushed it completely in acrylics. Tamiya "Med. grey", (a great brownish-grey tone,) shading w/ base plus German grey and finally a little "Hull red" for deeper tones. Highlights are Tamiya med. grey + dark yellow....the lower surface is a mix of Tamiya white + grey + dark blue. I shaded with a little more grey, plus a touch of black. this gave a nice "cool" tone. The model was then sealed in about three coats of Model master clear flat.

The lighting is from VooDoo FX. This model was a lot of fun to build! and can't wait to do a 8-window movie-first season version some time soon!

Lars Liljeblad

Attachments

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Very nice job. Love the female figure's pose and how the crewman appears to be giving her a tour. What did you use for the base ? Looks like a box with a hinged lid. Does it house the batteries ? Electronics ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all: Thanks so much for all your nice compliments! Cloudminer, Ducttapeforever, Alec, John, Chas, & Steve...

Trekkriffic: Thanks for the comment on the female figure and crewman!

Re: The Base, I made the base myself. And yes, it does house the circuit board, batteries, and electronics.

Lars

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wonderful job on the Seaview, Lars! The figures really add a story to the kit and make the whole thing seem a bit more 'real'. Excellent presentation as well. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts