Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Yup....some silly goofball took first in Sci-Fi and then had the nerve to take best in show WITH a Sci-Fi entry, first time in IPMS history I think. Some people :rolleyes: ;)

I wish I could make it but it would dig into what little time I have to finish my Flying Sub for Wonderefest.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean you're not gonna be there this year? WTH? Sorry to hear that. But, yeah, I guess WF is coming up fast. . . :D

Here's a reminder for those who might just be reading about this. Hope to see you at the show! :D

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I flew into Seattle on my way to Oregon a few weeks ago.

A VERY beautiful part of the country.

I'd love to return and spend some time there.

BTW: What was the sci-fi model that took best of show?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
A QUOTE FROM Charles Adams:

"We should note that Chris Doll brought a number of awesome SF entries and won first, second and third place ribbons. And Troy Enlow, also from our local Seattle Sci-Fi Modeling Club, not only won a first place ribbon, he also won best in category and the People's Choice Award for his Time Machine replica.

People's Choice is, if I'm not mistaken, like winning best of show. I'll bet the IPMS regulars sure were surprised to see an SF entry walk away with that award. Congrats Troy!"

Some guy who goes by Fluke or Troy .....after they called my name I still thought it was some other modeler....I could not believe it! Still don't.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So, any word on the results? What kind of showing did the local sci-fi contingent put forth this year?

I had hoped to make it this year, but instead I had to work. Well, maybe the Cylon Commander will make it there next year.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
fluke said:
I wish I could make it but it would dig into what little time I have to finish my Flying Sub for Wonderefest.
Glad to hear you're going to make it to WF, I still owe you and Troy a beer for scanning those Mad Max instructions a few years ago!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Argghhh. I had to drive my son up to Seattle for a UW scrimmage and then turn around and drive right past Renton, down to Corvallis, Oregon to see our neice in their HS play- My Fair Lady. She had the lead and was very good, but Still! BTW Troy, I knew you won, but did you even tell people it was the Time Machine?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I was busy manning my table, talking to folks, and answering questions pretty much all day. I didn't manage to snap any pics (I have a pretty crappy digicam anyway). I'll keep an eye out for pics and post any links I find. . .

Turnout: Less models this year than last, but more people. There were lots of great kits available from vendors. Overall, it was a pretty hectic day!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Rich....It was well known at the Sci-fan meetings.....too bad its such a pain in the rear for you to make more meetings.

Yup....I bet that there were a lot of aircraft, tank and ship guys that wanted to ring my neck!

Funny thing folks....that year IPMS was thinking of closing the Sci-Fi catagory all together....thats when Terry Moore...Seattle IPMS president (whom also is a very active member of our little Sci-Fi modelers club ) said "Folks...We gotta show these guys what we can do!"

I guess we did! :devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts