Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the season came to an end on saturday night and it was cold. The track was loose and we had the most sportsman this year to bad all didnt start in the feature (dizzy what happened to your son?). Its gonna be a long winter but it will be a nice break for now. It being my first year I learned alot from the other racers and yet I still have alot to learn alot. I won my first race after a couple of months of problems (damn threadlock)and it was the 250 laper. I even beat Jim(lol)! I think me and Mark and his son Jacobey spent more time there practicing at the track than we did racing. If I hadnt had these two freinds helping me out it would of been a real long season. I would also like to thank Rick, Kenny, and Blaine for all of there work at the track so we can race. Here is a list of what I learned this year as a rookie to pass to next years rookies

Dont buy a new body and paint it white. Mark signed it a few times if you know what I mean

Use threadlock dont assume you did check it

Dont put your hand down by the belt when car is running

Level your table

Make sure your tailgate is shut before you leave.

Check for damage after your car falls out of truck at home and not before the feature

Always apologize before the race

Go to the bathroom before the 250 lap race(harder to hold it when you win)

Dont put burgers on the grill after you fill up your quarterscale or before you race

Dont fix it unless its broke

Adjust one thing at a time and not seven

Dont get stuck with transponder blue 6

Get a spektrum radio and save the hassle of thinking someone will not turn their radio on whe you have the pin

Apologize after the race

Well it was fun I cant wait till next year (bought a sprint) Hope everyone has a good winter and if I dont see you at the banquet well see you next year. peace

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a short 4min. tape of my sprinter running around the track during practice. When I figure out how to get it on here I'll re-post it. The track temp was 59 degrees and the air temp never left the 50's that day.
Terry

·
Registered
898 Posts
The magneto went out on Zachs motor, thats why it would not fire. We had an issue earlier that day and replaced the plug and it was happy for alittle bit. We had a horrible 1/2 season with that car but it ran good on Sunday, thanks to Darrel at Ft Dodge who sold us the part we needed from another motor, he got 3rd out of 7 cars, was on the lead lap and was working second over. At least he ended on a good note. You guys should have come over to Ft. Dodge, the wx was great and the racing was fun.

Terry? what happened to you on Sunday?

I want to tell everyone over there in Algona to keep up the good work, even though Zach and me had some bad racing days it was always worth driving over there and fun for us, Shania always had a good time there too. Get out there and promote the track this winter some more, we can get even more cars there next summer. Most importantly, I pray you guys and Ft Dodge get things worked out, all of you have no idea what you guys have right in your backyards, and I think I can say that for everyone that has to travel to race.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Make sure your tailgate is shut before you leave.

Check for damage after your car falls out of truck at home and not before the feature

Well it was fun I cant wait till next year (bought a sprint) Hope everyone has a good winter and if I dont see you at the banquet well see you next year. peace
Funny! (not really, but).....:p

·
Registered
59 Posts
If anybody has any suggestions, pictures, or videos for the website let me know.

I'd say we had a really good turnout this year and hopefully its even better next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts