Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Just when you thought you've seen'em all, another one pops up.

1960...first year for the Valiant - looks like it's formed over the A body platform to me and the 13" wheels give it away as having Valiant guts.
The wheels look realy close to '64 Barracuda wheels covers.
I think that's an Offenhauser intake with a 4bbl. on that leaning tower of power.

I'd bet anything that Roth was inspired by Exner and this car.
In Roth's 1964 Orbitron you can see asymetrical ellements like this show car has.

Great linc, thank you!

Edit; Plymouth XNR...stands for Exner!!!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It's been a long time but I think Hot Rod Magazine was involved in building this. Might be hard to produce enough variations/colors to justify the cost of a casting and license.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
If M2 ever got into creating some of the old show cars, they certainly would be living up to their "not some other company's retread" mantra.

I dig the aircraft style ejector exhausts on that Charger concept.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Just a thought, these styles of concept cars, or "show" cars would be a great idea for car show promo releases..smaller run, but higher price charged might make it worth it...of course if the companies want these reproduced, i think they would, look at the popularity of the mustang concept from hw's a year or so ago..

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Don't know a ton about aircraft, please explain "aircraft style ejector exhaust" if you would Big W. :wave:
Well Dr. Lum, ejector exhaust is a fancy aviation term for a type of open exhaust which channels, or "ejects" exhaust gases rearward. Thereby providing a considerable amount of forward thrust. They are a common sight on WWII planes, like this Supermarine Spitfire.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
It's not a lot, but at wide open throttle it's something. At 300+ mph there was 70 lbs. or more of pressure coming out of those pipes. And those old planes were all about maximizing performance through any means available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts