Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Johnny Lightning casting that some collectors either liked or disliked. Some JL collectors that passed on this casting are looking for it now. It was different, and larger than 1:64, so I understand why many didn't buy them.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Quite unique, I like them. Hey,I'm a AMC guy, so you know I like the odd stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I bought those at the 2004 Lightning Fest for $1 each.

Evidently not a popular casting. :( I think this was the only time it was released, and these are the 4 different models.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's all the same casting with different paint jobs.

Yes, it is the same casting (#024) with different paint jobs. I think this was the only release of casting #024 with 4 different models of SeeDoo (with different paint jobs).

I wish I could buy more for $1 each.

Phillips screws were used instead of rivets on casting #024.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nice

I can very much appreciate ANY casting if its well done.
When I was buying all those 10 packs on sale for 10 bucks for customizing parts, the set included a 2005 Mustang.
Ordinarilly I have zero interest in such a vehicle, but the little thing is so well detailed proportioned, extreemly heavy and rolls flawlessly, I can't help but appreciate it.

I never display it, but it's a ball to roll it around and just check it out.

It's sorta hard to see them in the package, but your Sea-Doo's look like they're very well done from here.
I might notta bought any, but I can surely appreciate them.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's sorta hard to see them in the package, but your Sea-Doo's look like they're very well done from here.
I might notta bought any, but I can surely appreciate them.

If I get duplicates of any, I'll open them Dave. The cardboard is in nice condition for being 12 years old. BTW, that thing-a-ma-jig on the left is a stand to set the SeeDoo on.

A scary thought entered my mind. :rolleyes: How would Lummox customize this casting? (mount machine guns from Military Muscle or Lightning Brigade vehicles) :confused: SCARY......VERY SCARY!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
If I get duplicates of any, I'll open them Dave. The cardboard is in nice condition for being 12 years old. BTW, that thing-a-ma-jig on the left is a stand to set the SeeDoo on.

A scary thought entered my mind. :rolleyes: How would Lummox customize this casting? (mount machine guns from Military Muscle or Lightning Brigade vehicles) :confused: SCARY......VERY SCARY!
HA! Now you got my mind a-hummin' Stutz. That would be a frightfull out-come, I can promise you that. :)

I think my "trademark" tank tracks would be in order for sure, I can totally see it! Paint the rollers Bombardier yellow to match...umm-hmmm.

Or maybe even military wheels painted yellow could work.

Or perhalps a combination of both tracks in the rear and wheels in the front ala half-track :thumbsup:

:wave:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HA! Now you got my mind a-hummin' Stutz. That would be a frightfull out-come, I can promise you that. :)

I think my "trademark" tank tracks would be in order for sure, I can totally see it! Paint the rollers Bombardier yellow to match...umm-hmmm.

Or maybe even military wheels painted yellow could work.

Or perhalps a combination of both tracks in the rear and wheels in the front ala half-track :thumbsup:

:wave:

Guess I'll have to look for a copy for you Dave. I'd like to see a Lummie SeeDoo custom. The other three SeeDoos have black bases. Do you like yellow or black?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||

Guess I'll have to look for a copy for you Dave. I'd like to see a Lummie SeeDoo custom. The other three SeeDoos have black bases. Do you like yellow or black?
Jeez Uncle Stutz, that's quite a thoughtfull offer! That's why you've allways been one of my favorite Uncles! :) :

But Department LMX is really over booked right now. I'm slowly tying to get back into customizing and have several older projects I've never finished (they're still cool the way they sit though!) and have one or two customs I'm working on right now. This latest one is gonna sHoCk the diecast World, I tellz ya!!!!!!! :) :D :beatdeadhorse: :drunk: :cry:
It'll makes ya laugh...it'll makes ya cry...you'll be an emotional wReCk once you've taken in all of it's grandious wIeRdAtUdE!i?
"I'll" - give. yiz "a" very. criptic, "hint";..., The #~~\>"'''""" B >-) a *&!`t+)%^- m #_-`0:[ o ^& - W #!|}[)@:devil: a ^%$$$XXX g !*%;| o *|*| n!!!>:</.com

So for now at least lemme finish what I got goin' on and it may or may not be sumptin I wanna tacka-lacklebut thank you so very much, kind Sir! :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This latest one is gonna sHoCk the diecast World, I tellz ya!!!!!!! :) :D :beatdeadhorse: :drunk: :cry:
It'll makes ya laugh...it'll makes ya cry...you'll be an emotional wReCk once you've taken in all of it's grandious wIeRdAtUdE!i?
"I'll" - give. yiz "a" very. criptic, "hint";..., The #~~>"'''"""b>-)*&!`t+)%^m#_-`0:[===w#!|}[)@:devil:a^%$$$XXXg!*%;|*|*|n!!!>:</.com

So it is the Deathmobile from "Animal House". :eek:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
That thing is pretty cool, very correct looking.
If it were a Mattel they would have put wheels on it!
I take it the Sea-Doo doesn't float. Would be cool if it did, you could display it in a tray of water... Koooool! :p

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Born on a moutain, raised in a cave, fighting crime and hauling groceries is all I crave.

"Dog" Chapman's vehicle?

If it isn't, get a JL '62 Lincoln and git to workin' on the Deathmobile Lum.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Ha!

Wow, that's a great looking model of the Animal House Lincoln!

Keep guessing on the latest t0p secret mission from Dept. LMX all, the clues are there...and I enhanced the clue :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Interesting oddity, Ray. The only thing like it I have is a Bat-ski, sent to me several years ago by LPgeoteacher as a RAOK. But that one sounds like it might be a smaller scale from what you're saying about these.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts