Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This posts is to inspire the newbies who are new at doing custom work. It is proof that even experienced guys like me make total crap once and a while. This Super Van is a prime example of very bad paint preparation. I was in such a rush to have my skull design on it that I didn't bother to spray it with primer. I figured that a coat of flat black would do the same thing. I then rushed the application of my masks and here's the result, a total waste of paint.

Remember, paint is temporary and success is a poor teacher. Making mistakes is part of the game. I dipped it in Future floor wax just for the heck of it, it's still going back in the stripper.

Gerry :)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I probably would have tried to save it. For a long time I just mass sprayed, hoping to get a good coat on at least one car I could work with. A change in weather will still make paint do things I don't expect.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know the feeling! I recently posted a supervan that I painted orange added a rear spare, and side bubble windows! Luckily I took photos of it before my buddies 5 yr old saw it on the fireplace and proceeded to play crash up with it so it is headed for the stripper too! Hey Gerry just a suggestion but I recomend a base swap with a fire rescue truck they use the same base and window and are readily available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts