Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went on a household search one day looking for something to make post out of. After trying different things I came across something that worked great. Childrens plastic clothes hangers. I first tried regular Plastic clothes hangers but there were too large in diameter. The childerens are smaller in diameter. Also the very center is hollow. The hole is perfect to insert screws. All you need is one clothes hanger and a dremel w/ cutoff wheel and you can make enough post for an entire fleet.

Jeff

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
I buy 1/8" plastic tubing from my local hobby shop, a one foot piece costs about 89 cents and I haven't had one break yet (although I don't do tons of hard racing). that and super glue gel.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
sethndaddy said:
I buy 1/8" plastic tubing from my local hobby shop, a one foot piece costs about 89 cents and I haven't had one break yet (although I don't do tons of hard racing). that and super glue gel.
I use the same tubing (from the Evergreen plastic bin), except I mix up a little JB Weld for the adhesive. Worked on the one diecast I converted as well as the many LL, TYCO, resin and off the wall pieces I've picked up over the years that I wanted to put on a TJet chassis. If I hadn't have dumped them on the eb**, I would have posted a pic or two. :eek: rr

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
T-Jet Racer said:
1/8 tube ok, thanks
I've been using the 1/8" Evergreen styrene rods for a few years also. I use a combination of super glue gel....and sometimes 4 minute JB Weld to mount the screw posts. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts