Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Are you working from a design plan, say an HO version of one of the classic 1:24 designs? I assume the rear cross member is temporary because I don't see how you would get a crown gear in there. Maybe it's the camera angle.

I think the scratch building craze might just catch on again if guys like you keep the flame (or should I say soldering iron) burning. One thing that is kind of exciting at this point in time is that you don't have to restrict your motor design to the available can motors (Tyco HP2/7, Tomy Turbo, etc.) but can look at some of the motor box designs on inline chassis like the Tomy MegaG and the Life-Like T-chassis to get some good hints or source of motor cores for building your own chassis around. The LL-T is especially intriguing because it is so minimalist from the motor magnet perspective.

Keep us posted on your progress and results of your initial test flights.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Code:
I assume the rear cross member is temporary because I don't see how you would get a crown gear in there. Maybe it's the camera angle.
I think this is an anglewinder chassis and the crown is outside the cross member.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I think this is an anglewinder chassis
Good point, which is why I was curious about the base design. Upon closer inspection of the pics I do see that the rear members are asymmetrical. Anglewinder probability is high. I am curious about how the motor will be mounted and how those front facing rings are going to be incorporated into the design. Part of the pickup system??? Some sort of drop arm or pan???

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
I really do hope that he uses something other than a "crown" gear on an angle winder. Hopefully it will be some version of a "spur" gear. Maybe even a "spurious" gear of "majestic" heritage!

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Bring back the 60s and 70s....they are here in ho scale now....Kewl

Can you dig it?....I can! WOW!!

Bob...now that is what I am talking about...zilla

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Im diggin this. I have a couple of the Riggen repros and love em. These inlines are pretty powerful when they dont have traction magnets bogging them down.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres a pic from the first race with cars built to BRASCAR rules.Mike Stewart was the winner by one lap over Glenn Gordon. The pickups are 003 phosphorous bronze. When i get a chance i will do a tech article and post here a how to on this style pickups.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts