Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Reactions: krlee
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Found some crew figures for this model, the crew figures from the USS Enterprise Bridge model. There are three seated and one seated female figure, I will use three of them. These and a few of the decals from that kit will be the only kit parts that I will use on this build. I thought about using one of the standing figures but the pose is too stiff.
White Wood Font Line Art

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Picked out the three shuttle crew, the Starfleet uniform insignia will have to be removed and the arms will be added after I have made the seats and worked out the control panel layout. The figures are 1/32 scale instead of the shuttle's 1/35 scale but that difference will not be that apparent with seated figures.
Gesture Art Font Wood Shadow

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Parts cut out for the other two seats, 14 parts for each seat.
Brown Wood Road surface Rectangle Asphalt

Original seat in the middle and the two new seats on either side, the support post for the one on the right is slightly shorter for the shorter female figure. I still have some refining to do to the new seats but they are essentially done.
Toy Electric blue Plastic Lego Event

Discussion starter · #29 ·
So this is definitely a Starfleet shuttle, then?
No, just a generic sci-fi shuttlecraft. These were the only figures that I had and I am removing the starfleet emblems from the figures I will also paint the uniforms different than the Starfleet standard. I built the original in 1980 based on design ideas from several sci-fi shows, movies and comic books. I need to find the blueprints I drew up back then of this to see how close I came to the original design using just my memory of the original model.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts