Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :)

I'll soon be starting to work on a 1966 BATMOBILE, which I'll be Scratchbuilding the Body for to fit an R.C. Car that I'll be using for the basis....1:18 Scale Lamborghini, in this case

Unfortunately, I may have to shorten the length of my Scratchbuild to match the Wheelbase of the Lamborghini, but, hopefully not too much if I can help it :)

This will be an Ongoing Project which I'll be working on as the opportunity allows, and I'll post Progress Photos when I've finished

I can see, though, that I'll need help with some of the parts....

For example, I will probably need some help with the Canopy....about 11cm by 8.5cm, or a little bit less

Would anyone have anything like this available?

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I finished this some time last year, and have made mention of it in another Post - specifically - My Cars

I'm close to finishing a similar Project now, so I thought I'd post a Full Thread for this one now :)

My intention, as I mentioned at the start here, was to make use of an R.C. 1:18 Scale Lamborghini, which I did

Sadly though, because of the difference between the 1:18 Scale Lamborghini, and what the BATMOBILE would have been in 1:18 Scale, I had to make a number of....adjustments here and there....

As such, what I hoped to be 1:18 Scale, kinda ended up being closer to 1:22 Scale because of my needing to more-or-less squish things from the Plan I was using to the Chassis of the Lamborghini that was the Basis for my BATMOBILE

So....

Let's get started with this Post :)

Here's the Lamborghini I used as the Base Car

Attachments

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, after working out the best Picture to work from, which was this one here, and working out the Wheelbase I needed, I enlarged this picture via a Photocopier to the size I needed, and proceeded from there

Attachments

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here it is at the start of Construction

My medium of choice when making these is Balsa Wood, plus whatever else I might need to use

The Lamborghini in question was supplied with 3mm LEDs, which I replaced with 10mm LEDs, which you might be able to see if the fifth photo here

Attachments

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And now after Painting, with my 'Decals' applied....

For my Main Paint, I prefer Tamiya Acrylic....

I've used many other Acrylics over the past few decades, and so far, have had the best results with Tamiya :)

For my 'Decals'....

I import the picture I need into WORD, adjust it to the size I need, Print that, cut it out and trim it as needed, then glue it on using PVA White Glue

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts