Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :)

I've just started to work on a 1943 BATMOBILE (such as it was), which I'll be Scratchbuilding the Body for to fit an R.C. Car that I'll be using for the basis....1:18 Scale AUDI, in this case

This will be an Ongoing Project which I'll be working on as the opportunity allows, and I'll post Progress Photos when I've finished

To save confusion, though....

As there were a few Batmobiles used in the 40s, I'll just clarify....

This will be the first one used in Live Action, and looks like this

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the most part, I'll be using Balsawood Planks....

I have a Side View Drawing of the Car that was used, which was a 1939 Cadillac Series 75 Convertible, and I'll be using that as my template, for want of a better term, and making my pieces based on that

I'll also be making whatever modifications I might need to to the AUDI Base Car....trimming the Chassis where needed and using larger L.E.D.s than those supplied, but for the most part, I'll be using the AUDI Base Car Chassis as is, and just making my own Body for it out of Balsawood Planks :)

And, thanks to a Documentary I found on YouTube, I've got the information I need for the Number Plates as well, which I'll also be making myself out of Balsawood :)

·
Administrator
26,984 Posts
I am also curious as to your plans moving forward? Are you going to use the Audi R8 wheels are replacements for starters?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This sounds like an interesting, daunting, project. Have you tried anything like it before?

Yes I have :)

I made a BIGFOOT Truck not long ago, which I've posted about here:

Also, as I think about what else I've made in this regard, I've made a General Lee, DeLorean from BTTF, Mach-5, and The Bluesmobile

I've also made a Herbie and The Last of The V-8 Interceptors, but they have since gotten damaged beyond repair, so I'll be planning on making new ones of those as well :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also curious as to your plans moving forward? Are you going to use the Audi R8 wheels are replacements for starters?

I'll be using the Wheels and Tires supplied with the AUDI, and I'll be making some hub-caps to match the ones used for this as best as I can

I'll also be attempting to paint a White Circle on the Tires to match the White-Wall effect :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can you call this a Batmobile? Yes, Batman drove it, but it clearly was Bruce Wayne's car. If I recall, in the early serials from the 1940s, Vicki Vale asked Batman about the vehicle, and he replied that Wayne had loaned it to him. Interesting explanation. It's probably because the studio could not afford to come up with even a slight customization of a contemporary car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you call this a Batmobile? Yes, Batman drove it, but it clearly was Bruce Wayne's car.
Yep, this, and the one from 1949 had the same basic issue in that regard....

They're both Convertibles, so, when the Top was down, they were both driven by Bruce Wayne....

When the Top was up, they were 'Batmobiles'....

Go figure :-/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts