Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started with a HW LaTroca cab, and a tow boom from a Tow Jam. Everything from the cab back is scratch built from sheet aluminum, tubing, and brass rod. Wheels are from Malibu International.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,and I have some custom rollbacks too. We could start a whole fleet.

One of the first customs I made was a tow truck, and it's now working in gunn's junkyard.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I did not want this to past without telling how much I enjoy this build. The blend of classic cab and new recover back looks great. Wonderful choice of color as well. Just super as always!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ron,
The diamond plate is just some fine aluminum mesh that they sell in Hobby Lobby for sculpting. I just glued on to some aluminum sheet.

·
Registered
754 Posts
That's one sweet repo machine. two questions, where do you find that ultra-fine expanded metal, and what did you make the saddle fuel tank from?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey TJ,
The fine wire mesh you can get at craft supply store. It can be found where they have plaster and modeling clay. I got mine at Hobby Lobby.

The saddle tanks are made from 7/32 aluminum tubing and the ends are just some of cadillac pats center caps.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Being a collector and lover of tow trucks I have to say that is one of the sweetest custom tow trucks I have ever seen! Absolutely awesome job!
Can I ask how you made the light bar? I've been making some police cars but always tear the light bar off a MB Subaru. I light the way your's looks.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments

The light bar is just some styrene cut to size and sanded into shape. Painted silver first and then painted Turn Signal Amber. The two little feet are little chrome beads from the craft dept. at w-mart.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Grat job camaros :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As a testament to the qaulity that you put into this build one would swear that was factory built. I really like it and this coming from a guy that has no great love for tow trucks.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the compliments, and coming from some of the best scratch builders around is just icing on the cake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts