Happy New Year to All Raceres ,Hope to see some of youall at our next Race
weather providing looks like it might be a little cool though .1-07-07 -- 12:30
heats should start,getting older an slower here SCOTT, :wave:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Track Information

Branford R/C Speedway-- Concrete Tri Oval 14 ft wide 300ft banked track,covered driver's stand electronic Lap counting system,10 cars max per heat,Drivers track . Thank you SCOTT :wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scott,
Where is your Hobby shop located ? I am up in Madison, Florida. I usually come through Branford on US 27 when headed down to see friends in Alachua. What days and hours is the shop open ? Do you have a wide selection of 1/8th scale Monster Trucks. Do you carry the Losi LST 2 and parts ? I am new to this sport and would love to visit your Hobby Shop in the near future. Email is [email protected].

Danny Plain

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, since I am the commercial site work business and have bulldozer, wheel loader, and dump truck, I want to build a off-road track to play on and try to get some of these Madison County folks interested in the sport. Do you know where I can view track plans?
I need to know dimensions, curve slope, and proper jump elevations. I have laser grading equipment and a total station transit and survey layout software, but I want to make all the elevations to the proper proportions to the 1/8 scale trucks.

Danny

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
You are putting way too much thought into a track. Find an area 100X200 and think about what you like in a track, then build it. Once you have built it invite some buddies over to run on it and together you will find out what is good and bad about the track and you can go from there. From past experience, I wouldn't make any jumps more than 3' high at first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hear what you are saying. It's just hard for me to see what would be the correct slopes and angles from the pics I have found on the Net. I was hoping to grade from a plan, it's just easier for me to lay it all out that way, because I do that everyday in full scale. I was just thinking some existing good working tracks out there may list the elevations they used. I am figuring to use an underdrain system under what I build for drainage, we get alot of rain here. When I design the track I need to design for that in mind and won't be able to go back later if the elevations are not right without wasting a lot of drainage pipe. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
385 Posts
call tom at new red hobbies in ocala he is real good at track lay out and jumps
his web site is www.newredhobbies.com
scott is off of sr27 his road is the last dirt road on the left just before the old wight scale and the red light were the s&s is when you turn left on the dirt road scotts shop and track is the first drive on the left

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the info. Wingnut67, I will look up that web address in Ocala. I wish I had known about Scott last weekend, went right by his drive-way on the way to Gainesville.. Thanks

Danny

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there my add is 26690 61 road ,Branford,Fla 32008 . That is 3 and half miles East of Branford .8 miles north of US27 ,first driveway on right at the end of Pecan grove.lots of ideas on track diminsons and shaped and banking .the track here is 300 ft 14 ft wide concrete tri oval 18 deg in big turnes tri oval 8 deg or cclose if it doesent rain Sunday
Jan 7 07 we will race we race every other sunday Come see what its all about Scott.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Weather looks great today!!! Go figure.
I'm working tonight, will make descion in the morning about coming down. Boy I sure need a race fix BAD!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Same here, see y'all here @ 5am
wade said:
Weather looks great today!!! Go figure.
I'm working tonight, will make descion in the morning about coming down. Boy I sure need a race fix BAD!!!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Cliff 1:30 am looks like rain in the morning early then just cloudy and a 10% the rest of the day. I'm leaving out about 7-7:30. See you there

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Just looked at the Radar, we will make the trip in the rain the whole way but will be rewarded with nice weather when we arrive. Talked to Jerry, he will be there today as well!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Race Results 1-07-07 Branford R/C Speedway

NASCAR STOCK
A-MAIN
Clifford Kilne - 46-Laps --also Top Qualifier
Sam Clark - 44-Laps
Wade Lichtenberg - 44-Laps
Mike Conley - 38-Laps
Marty Vanwyck - DNS-

BRUSHLES
A-MAIN
Clifford Kline - 49-Laps --also Top Qulafier New Track record for brushles
Andy Thompson - 47-Laps
Chris Frye - 46-Laps
Jerry Parrott - 10-Laps
Wade Lichtenberg -DNS-

Great weather Good racing was had by most some minor troubles but I hope that all had fun and a good time ,thanks for your attendence,Scott :wave:

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Can't make it this weekend but will be back soon, think 47 Wade, you can do it!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1-21-07 Race Canceled

Sorry all who were planing on racing Sunday .Peggey's Mother passed away today and peggy is recovering from emergency surgery Saturday so no one here is up to the task of racing ,be two weaks regular schedual Thanks Scott :wave:

1 - 20 of 893 Posts