Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a large antique show that comes to Columbus, OH a few times a year. I usually go with my wife just to look around, very few slot cars there. When I do find them they are WAY overpriced. Yesterday I found this in a collection of slot cars:

The chassis is incomplete but not abused. I paid $20.00 for it.

Later I was looking in a box of die cast and cheapo cars and found this:

I asked how much, he said "Take it". OK!! I can do that! I looked at the rest of his items and that was the ONLY slot car piece he had.

Between the two chassis I have a complete solid rivet T-Jet chassis.

Marty

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Good to see good deals falling.. Tomorrow is tuesday and our local junk dealers lets fill the store day lol.. So I will be there going Hey Doug, what ya find me..lol...Hope he found some slots this time been a while...

Dave

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Looks like the more desireable dark blue 904, and in good shape to boot. Thats a 25-40 dollar car on the bay, depending on the wind. You might as well buy a lotto ticket too, you luck dog!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joez870 said:
Very sweet, yeah?! How does it run out?
The chassis that came with the car is missing the idler gear, pick up shoes and springs. The freebie chassis has melted brush holes, but everything else is good. Both chassis are going into the "I'll get to it" box. I have a good chassis to put under the Porsche.

Marty

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I'd have gladly paid $20 too! Too few nice blue cars - no early t jets - in my case! Always nice to find a pearl, and to find an orphan chassis too! Love to bring 'em back to life! One like that every once in a while makes all those forays through the antique shops and flea markets worthwhile!

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Marty,
If you are not goung to use the melted chassis, think about shooting it to MtYoder, eh?!
He was looking for some to rebuild. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was told there is an antique toy show near Toledo Oh around this time of year. Does anyone know anythingabout It, as far as a date and location, i heard there is usally a lot of HO Slots there. I appreciate anyones help.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stuch said:
I was told there is an antique toy show near Toledo Oh around this time of year. Does anyone know anythingabout It, as far as a date and location, i heard there is usally a lot of HO Slots there. I appreciate anyones help.
Thanks
Mike
You just missed the Toledo Toy Show. There were a lot of slots there, mostly overpriced in my opinion.

Do a search for Old Toyland Shows to get the full schedule.

Marty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts