Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you help me out - old diecast collectors? (Old diecast, not old collectors! :))

I read about the history of Scottoy a while ago in MAR or MC, anyone remember where and when? Or know about them?

Here is a newer Scottoy replica of a Mercury and an old Mercury, both from Italy. Which Alfa is which?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Often the case, I may be missing something - the linc led me to believe these are all modern day castings.
They sure have the look of '60s castings for sure!

The Giulietta coupe (berline, if you will) has to be THE most gorgeous post war mass-produce Alfa ever.

Late '70s my oldest brother had a friend with a house tucked into the woods.
I was maybe 11 or 12. The impact these well patina-ed art-on-wheels was life changing.

The wood/aluminum Nardi wheel, the faded paint, the brightly colored fall leaves everywhere...it was like a dream...

O/T rant #LMX-18091

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lummox - Scottoy were made from 1993 to about 2006 - they were reproductions of old 1950-60s Mercury cars. Both made in Italy.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Often the case, I may be missing something - the linc led me to believe these are all modern day castings.
They sure have the look of '60s castings for sure!

The Giulietta coupe (berline, if you will) has to be THE most gorgeous post war mass-produce Alfa ever.

Late '70s my oldest brother had a friend with a house tucked into the woods.
I was maybe 11 or 12. The impact these well patina-ed art-on-wheels was life changing.

The wood/aluminum Nardi wheel, the faded paint, the brightly colored fall leaves everywhere...it was like a dream...

O/T rant #LMX-18091
I hear that brother, no need for a picture, you painted that perfectly :cheers2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts