Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think the Charger is my fave, but the Swoopy Do and Batmobile are real close 2nds!

I have found several on separate occassions, 1 or 2 at a time. I wonder if they alll come 6 to a case and people are just missing em all, (or leaving some behind on purpose!?!?!?) or they are actually being more randomly inserted into the cases...

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
maybe some are being left behind...maybe there are only certain ones in certain cases...

when I found mine, found 4... only got the Mustang Funny car, Nova and Charger...left behind the Swoopy Do...did not see a Batmobile or Impala

·
Registered
575 Posts
I will be happy if they start hitting different stores rather than just TRU, then maybe I can find some.........glad some of you are having good luck......congrats on you score

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Congrats to all you guys finding them. I haven't see a one around here yet. If anybody comes across or has an extra Mustang funny car, let me know what you want for it. I'd like to add it to my FC collection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Zemac Cars

Would someone explain to me what it is about Zemac cars? I was in ToysRus today buying some 2004 cars which are on the hotwheels poster, I was searching for a particualr car and he asked me if I was looking for Zemac cars and I probably wouldn't find any. At first I thought this was a line of cars like Ferrari's or something. He explained that they are not painted and the collectors come in to the store everyday looking for them. He said he didn't know why. I dont' know why either. I am helping my two boys (5 and 6 years old) collect the cars. Anyway, I must have charmed him as he went out to the back of the store and opened up a new box in front of me, gave me the three different unpainted cars fromt the box and told me to hold onto them. Last year I saw some of these cars in the store and my son wanted them but I talked him out of the ones he had because they weren't painted. So I have these three cars I bought today, what is so special about them? I called Mattel and the girl on the phone didn't really help, she said there were about 20-30 different zemac cars out from the poster. If there is something to them where else do I find them? Any info will help!
Vamperelli

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
i think that they are just a rare variation to some of the FEs. Just another kind of rare FE that Mattel decided to put out. thats my guess. I found the Dairy Delivery and Tooned 2 To Go a while back.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Regarding Zamac cars:

These are toys that were put out by Mattel unfinished because it is a variation to the regular line of cars. To the best of my knowledge, these are supposed to be like Treasure Hunts (Unfinished of coarse) and a lot of people are really creating the hype on these cars. In reality, its an old idea that has resurfaced again, JL came out with First shots and did a bang up job and now mattel thinks its a good idea. As to who did this first , I don't know.

I hope this helps you out and Happy Hunting.

Richard

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I never found any, but only the first 20 or so FEs were to be available as Zamacs, and only a limited number at that ( if I remember it correctly).
When they first come out they go for pretty good money on ebay, which is why I never got the Mustang Funny Car. Check ebay for an idea what they're going for. Of course they'll most likey come down in a short period of time.
Anyway, congrats on your finds, and welcome!

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are a TRU exclusive (just another Mattel attempt to keep TRU afloat) and the "Third Wave" is out now.Someone posted on one of the boards that they had found some at WalMart????? The cases they come in at TRU have a light color blue band around the box....Hope this helps...JIM

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Dadvball said:
I never found any, but only the first 20 or so FEs were to be available as Zamacs, and only a limited number at that ( if I remember it correctly).
When they first come out they go for pretty good money on ebay, which is why I never got the Mustang Funny Car. Check ebay for an idea what they're going for. Of course they'll most likey come down in a short period of time.
Anyway, congrats on your finds, and welcome!
are you still interested in finding a ZAMAC Mustang F.C.? ..did I talk to u a long time ago about one? ..cuz I still have one here collecting dust.. I thought I was saving it for someone, was it u? email or PM me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts